1.7 World Credit will cause many people to leave Blockheads

Honestly I don’t think the game will be free of servers that weren’t paid for but it will definitely lower the amount by about 95%. Even on iOS you can jailbreak your device and get in-app purchases free but mostly there are people who use tc safes. Not many with a jail broken device

4 Likes

You can get in very deep trouble for pirating IAPs though.

3 Likes

From what I see, they (people “enforcing” this law) don’t care enough about it. @tamil, please remove the name of the app from the post :slight_smile:

I already made a suggestion about watching ads for 4 hours of credit, if I’m lucky, maybe it’ll happen and people can keep their existing servers up.

2 Likes

Homestly, I think Dave is doing the right desicion by having cloud servers cost money. I mean, if people keep hacking tc, the server will eventually shut down or something, and everybody loses. But if dave charges momey for servers to run, only the tc safe hackers lose.

Get my point?

4 Likes

I don’t think Dave will change it at this point so deep into development.

2 Likes

There’s 1.7.1 and 1.8 :wink:

1 Like

True, but I feel like he’s gonna stick with this for a while.

4 Likes

They are gonna have to do it. They are really low on profit due to tc hacking. Besides, cringe FNAF and undertale servers will be gone for good, and (hopefully) only good servers will arise.

2 Likes

I hope so…

2 Likes

Yeah, I heard Dave was even running the cloud on a loss for a while now. Not 100 percent sure.

5 Likes

yes i completely agree thanks

Yes. We all should thank Dave for making this game. Only a developer that cares about people would run the game even though they were losing money. Not saying he should. But it’s completely acceptable to me that they are changing it

4 Likes

It will cause people to leave, it’s a truth maybe all people know. But it will also bring people, too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t pay money for any video games either so it will really make servers a bit more tricky.

1 Like

I pay sonetimss, it matters if it is more to get ahead of other players, or if it’s to be able to play more levels in a game.

1 Like

I think it will cause all the peole who don’t really care about having good servers to leave (not including those who just can’t use IAPs), and will bring people that actually want to have s really good server.

5 Likes

That sounds about right, yeah. Agreed on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

… and remember that this change will happen upon the much-anticipated release of 1.7. I suspect that with all the cool new features and modifications to gameplay, players will stop obsessing (for a time) on whether or not they can afford to create their own worlds and be psyched to explore and experiment on established, funded worlds by fellow players who are committed to keeping them up and running for the long haul. Playing on other people’s servers, whether it’s being a regular or being staff, is just as rewarding oftentimes as running your own server and sometimes WAY more fun.

Anyway, just look at the awesome things that Dave has revealed about 1.7 already. You can’t tell me that blockheads fans are not going to jump onto whoever’s server to check it all out. And once they do, I’m positive they’ll all be hooked.

7 Likes

Maybe this will happen:

Can I be admin? No! If you ask one more time I will ban you!

Oh please no… I have already be banned from half the cloud servers already (for asking)…

5 Likes