2021 Blockheads Status

I’ve created a post like this before back in 2019 about 2020… I guess it’s time for a 2021 version!

What do you think about Blockheads’ future in 2021?

Do you think there will be an increase in popularity? Decrease? Let us discuss.

3 Likes

Definitely not an increase in popularity. It will slowly decrease in popularity (like it has been for the past few years).

3 Likes

I think that there’s a very very small chance of gain in popularity, but with the right advertising of players on social media… :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

ye I agree with this (GlassRose)

1 Like

that has already happened a lot, it doesn’t seem any better to me if not worse but that’s just me

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to get a group of like let’s say 100 players and we all pitch in 5-20$ for advertising to get the game up and running again :blush: maybe with like millas permission we could run an old advert for 1.7 I’m sure soon people would realize the game isn’t in development right now but still. It would be nice to have new people and more active servers even if it’s costly.

1 Like

Is that even enough money?

1 Like

Don’t waste your money. I’m sure you have much better things to do with it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

waste your money?!? how would that be a waste of money, you don’t sound like yourself right now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I’m very much myself. It would be a ridiculous waste of money. Then again, I know a lot more about social media advertising, how this business works, and the game’s performance than you, and you don’t really know me at all, so you can take my word for it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

i certainly take your word for it, and my own, i don’t need to know you to know that’s absolutely correct

@Mr.Onyx, she is being herself, she is making a solid point, because the game being as slow as it is, you should consider the fact we are in a pandemic and there’s a lot of better things like, gee, say masks and gloves and health insurance to worry about?

no, $5-$20 isn’t going to dent anyone’s account, but that’s also iaps, you buy $5 today then another $25 tomorrow you don’t realize until you have the added bill of $500 you done messed up, i’ve been there, and my parents kicked my… for it, seriously, and i deserved it

that wasn’t even blockheads though, that was before blockheads was even a thing :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll work for free!
Should I advertise the blockheads website or ehaty

3 Likes

No, don’t bother. It isn’t worth it.

3 Likes

i’m sure i speak for anyone who comes in this thread when i say that i respect and find your optimism and hopefulness admirable, but when the community manager of the platform that she has been doing an excellent job managing for over 5 years says…

…i think there is a time and place to take in that message, that this game had a hell of a run and the plug hasn’t been pulled and shan’t for maybe a year or two at most, but every good game suffers loss and will eventually rest peacefully

3 Likes

Oh :pensive: .

1 Like

I know a lot of my old bh friends are in college right now, I just hope that they can still come back to the community once finished.

1 Like

If the community still exists by the time they come back?

2 Likes

Nobody wants Blockheads to come back more than me. I’m desperately trying to find more jobs right now, to keep me going until Sapiens comes out. I don’t like being pragmatic sometimes, because nobody likes to be the nay-sayer and disappoint others, but I would find it very upsetting if users spent their money to flog a dead horse. The game is trotting along, as dead horses do :laughing:, but the market doesn’t respond to major content updates when they come out, so a few hundred extra views on FB or IG would be money down the sink. Just enjoy it as far as you can, and it will remain up as long as it can.

6 Likes

I think it would increase if they had a new update blockhead players want new things added my personally I like it the way it is

1 Like

There was barely an increase with 1.7 (which was heavily anticipated by the community), so I highly doubt 1.8 will be any different.

If there even will be a 1.8 in the first place… :flushed: