A change to server credit in 1.7

Welcome to the forums @Nihilus! Please consider reading these threads to get to know the rules.

Well, to be honest, all servers running now shouldn’t still run on tc in 1.7. Many were created with pirated tc, and it’s not fair for Dave to have to pay for something that he isn’t earning revenue from.

I agree - and also MajicDave is being very fair by allowing server credit to be topped off with Time Crystals prior to release of 1.7. This means that most cloud world owners will still have an additional 3 months of availability before they would have to use IAP to pay for more time.

I think shortly after the release of 1.7, it might be business as usual for Cloud Worlds - but after 3 months we should see a dramatic decline in the number of available worlds, but a sharp rise in player population on each of the worlds left. Will be quite interesting to watch. I wish I had access to the data that Dave does - I would present a whole slew of graphs and charts! (You know I would :lol: )

Here’s an interesting dynamic to your statistics Skeeve. Since we won’t be able to convert current servers to expert mode, that means that all expert mode servers will run on IAP from the get-go. And like you, I suspect that expert servers will be popular. After all, we’re ALL bh experts, right? :wink:

I‘m not too sure about that, Joe. Experience shows that most custom servers are created with easier settings, not with harder settings. Most players do not like challenges, they just want to get rich in no time.

Yeah, I think the Expert Fan Club is a small one. I don’t expect them to be a burgeoning server option.

Totally agreed about the small number of Expert Mode servers there is likely to be, with the majority congregating on Skeeve’s Gigantic Torture Chamber :wink:

I thought we settled on @Skeeve’s Kindler Gentler Empire :wink:

Skeeve’s Gigantic Torture Chamber does have an appealing ring to it. :smiley:

Fixed it. :wink:

Oh. Well, ok then. If they’re not up to the challenge, I guess I could understand that. :smiling_imp:

Challenge accepted. :sunglasses:

Uh… back on topic now. ._.

There’s always mac servers…

I do have $15 worth in iTunes funds so I am pretty much topped off for 5 months.

Prior to 1.7’s release I will be topping it off with 6000 tc or less then after those months I will be using real money.

I’m pretty sure I read everything Dave has posted about 1.7 so far, but I want to know if 16 players will not be the maximum number of players per server, since now, there will be less servers in the game (according to the 1.7 update of where people will need to use their credit cards to credit servers). Though I think it is reasonable to keep the maximum players per server as 16 because the message box will be spammed sometimes.

16 will stay the max for Cloud servers, but it is 32 for Mac servers. Also, if no servers are available in the cloud with space, then a new server is automatically generated with I think 7 days of credit. Personally I would keep looking for an established server rather than join a temporary one. I’m sure there will be some that won’t be maxed with players 24/7.

Nope. If your on iOS then you’ll just need to buy an iTunes card and use it. I’m not sure about Android though.

They have Google Play cards or something similar don’t they?

I think so.

Yes, they do.