A change to server credit in 1.7

lol I have been watching from my computer… not replying…

but then the other servers would cost money and also who needs 1,000 servers

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 36 hours unless flagged)

Milla doesn’t shut down free TC servers. They are just waiting for 1.7. Many of them don’t even give out free TC, they just want to attract players using the name. And your off topic stuff could have gone in a different thread of its own.

Great job now I might not be on the forum for a month.

Why not?

This change is great. The switch to time crystal worlds really flooded the game with too much servers and everyone scrambled. The blockserver days are where some of my fondest memories lay, i hope that this decreases the amount of servers even if there are still a lot. It will make people have to really make their server stand out and shine again. but thats just me, anyhow, im excited for this change.

1.7 was supposed to be released like 20 days ago

By your standards, yes.

According to whom? MJ has never given a release date. Anyone else is guessing. It’ll be out when it’s done.

Probably just @TheFoil being TheFoil.

According to him making completely random assumptions and sticking with them. Gotta love TheFoil.

Agreed.

I actually am kind of down for this idea because I bet a lot of people don’t want to or aren’t allowed (in my or a lot of my friends’ cases) to use IAPs because… reasons. I run a server that I and a lot of my friends have spent almost two years developing and running and we won’t be able to anymore because of this, which triggers me. I do like the idea under some light but there is always a downside to these things

Honestly, dedicated server owners are probably willing to sacrifice buying a few extra pencils worth a dollar for a week so they can add credit. The non dedicated owners may not be willing to make sacrifices like that though.

Aha and there’s where you’re a bit off @Brer-Rabbit because a lot of people aren’t allowed to pay for games… cough cough

I never had such restrictions as a child, I was allowed to buy things/games/clothes that I wanted etc if I bought it with my own money. Is there a specific reason why you can’t use your money on games?

A lot of games, if not most of the new games on the app store, are pay-to-win. You spend a little money on accelerating crafting times, you spend a little money on armour, you spend a little money on heroes… And at the end of the month you have spend a lot of money. A lot of people - not only kids - get carried away in the heat of the moment and spend way more money than they actually intended or can afford.
And there have been press reports on fraudulent games that initiatet 99 $ IAPs on their own!
So it is not surprising that many parents do not allow the kids to spend money at all on virtual games.

Why not? Like Unihorse said, if you pay with your own money, I don’t see the problem. If their parents do have restrictions, they can try to convince them otherwise like credit for a birthday present.

Like Ronnie said, some people are wary of these IAP games that may or may not be scrupulous. And rather than investigate into what is an otherwise reasonable and legitimate expense in a game like Blockheads, they just outlaw all iTunes purchases.

It’s a sad truth, but the players who abuse the free TC have forced us and Dave into this position. It’s either this, or the eventual shutdown of the cloud servers. I’ve already lost one beloved game to a server shutdown because of lost revenue from in game purchase abuse, I don’t want to lose another one.