A change to server credit in 1.7

I understand that @Ronnie. I get why parents might disable all IAPs. It’s very easy for a kid to get carried away and buy consumables or whatever without a second thought to the cost that it might be racking up. Heck, I get shocked when I see my wife’s Candy Crush purchases. But she has her vice and and I have mine :smiley:

I just wanted to clarify a difference between the consumables that disappear and you always need more (but don’t “cost” the game company one single cent to produce) versus a service which the game company is actually paying for on their side. I just looked at the Minecraft PE app and their Realms offering is similar. Except, they require an IAP of $3.99(USD) to host a server for you and TWO friends. Just TWO, not 16, not even 8. TWO. Or if you really need TEN friends online (but who has that many friends?) you can pay $7.99(USD) a month. That makes Blockheads seem like a bargain eh?

Maybe some kids could present that to their parents and show how much money they’ll save by running a Blockheads server versus a Minecraft PE one. :wink:

@KP7 yes, hosting your own Minecraft server is be very much like hosting your own BH server on a Mac. It avoids the cost on you by not having any cost for Dave.

In a perfect world parents would take the time to check out the game(s) their little kids play. Actually that is exactly why some of the regular adult BH players joined in the first place🙂
But tbh many parents might be frightened if they even knew their childs are chatting to strangers in games.

There is a way for kids to not freely purchase IAPS, if they don’t know the iCloud passcode on the device. I find that to be a better idea than turning them off completely.

I must agree on the relams part, it’s much more than Blockheads Cloud hosting will be. Plus, look at Blockserver’s old prices. 5 Dollars per month I think!

Very true.

Well I certainly don’t recall as many servers spewing vulgar images and profanity back when Blockserver.net was the host.

Exactly why I don’t spend money on IAPs

IAP is not nessesarely about consumables. For example there are BH IAPs for Double Time and HD texture. You pay once and keep them.

Another example is level packs for Minecraft: Story Mode. I definitely consider purchasing more permanent additions to games in IAP than I do consumables.

I guess I don’t like add-ons and purchasable consumables in general

Well i guess there goes 2.5 years of nothing, farewell oasis :frowning:

It’s sad that legit players will lose servers. There are tons of really good ones that will be lost. This just goes to show what damage a few pirated TC can do.

Exactly my point

There is still a lot of fun to be had on the wonderful servers that will be funded after the update. Don’t give up on Blockheads yet! Try some of the servers advertised here on the forums in the multiplayer section. Many of the server owners have already announced that they will continue to fund their servers after the update.

And many more that aren’t on forums!
Looking at it now, my favorite blockserver yolo admins gone wild wasn’t a forums server, and the owner still payed for it, so there’s plenty of servers that may pop out of nowhere :smile:

My server will definitely still be running and I’m planning on making a new one too if my birth dad doesn’t send me gift cards when I need them I can save my allowance

And I can try and help a couple of servers run

Not gone, but resting.

True, it’d be resting but nobody would be able to visit it, so what’s the point?

Someone can add credit for you, or you can if you gain the ability to eventually. :smiley:

That’s true. I don’t exactly wanna be that server that always begs for credit though… ._.

yeah! that’ll be my job lol

assuming I can play at all after net neutrality goes away

I have before hosted Minecraft servers EDIT: to be honest, paying for it would be hard, I get my tc from watching videos and a occasional convince from my parents to buy a google play card so getting tc is hard. EDIT AGAIN: (lol) Is there a way to play the blockheads on windows 10?