A Community Guide to Mob Breeding

guide

It’s a wiki

Just a question about aple farming… you mention having a back wall? Having a back wall help your Apple tree to produce more apple instead of no back wall?

There has to be no back wall for dodos to spawn. :slight_smile:

More animals! Excuse me forgetting to do this yesterday

Sharks

Types: 1
Feed Needed: 8
Spawning Food: Complicated. Sharks spawn in large areas full of kelp, unlike the previous
Feeding Food: Raw Fish
Other info: Requires Water, allows travel through water

Sharks were a highlight pre 1.7. And even if unicorns stole the limelight, unicorns stink at water travel. So having a shark is a good way to get the under the sea exploration. You’ll need to set up a area for fish to spawn, and then be killed for food. Once that is done you can wait for a shark to appear in your fish area, though unlikely if it is small, or you can just use a bucket. But once you do, it isn’t much more than feeding while trying not to get hit

Fish

Types: 1
Feed Needed: 2
Spawning Food: Area with water in kelp needed
Feeding Food: Kelp
Other info: No back wall to spawn, unridable

I don’t see much of a point in fish. They can’t be used for transportation. But if you want one you’ll need to set up a tank, not super large, but not a little hole either. It needs kelp in it, and the fish will spawn. Then you just need to feed them kelp twice, and you will have them tamed

See this

Only black one is left to collect

I’m anxiously waiting an update on this thread, it’s great!
I noticed that some of my ‘gem’ dodos die and drop shards (but not from starvation), not sure why they die or if there’s any way to prevent it from happening.
I also noticed that if I place a feeder down, animals don’t seem to become tamed, you must remove the feeder and manually feed them until tamed, then place the feeder down.

It’s from a beta testers.

Did they fall from a certain height?

Need help with dodo/donkey breeding

So as with the recent update, you can breed dodos that have a new element added to them, I was dodo breeding for over three hours and i only got as far as a gravel and amethyst dodo, im having the same problem with donkeys, which im trying to get rainbow/ unicorn, so if you know any tips about breeding please tell me, thanks for your time.

Edit: i also seperate the donkeys and dodos in seperate cages to match their type, but they always manage to spawn a normal dodo egg and completely destroy the types becuase then instead of stone/whatever you have these dirt and wood dodos running around, and when they hatch i seriously do not want to kill the babies.

This thread will help you :slight_smile:

Tap me

A Community Guide to Mob Breeding

Hey guys. After trying to find out as much as possible about the mobs, I found that there was no difference, only
1.) the die fast
2.) they hit you while you try to feed them

So if you want to know as in depth as possible, use the sources in the OT, but I didn’t want to repeat information 3 times with small adjustments

Nope it was just a flat surface, 4 squares with a fence either side. It’s not happening anymore though.
I do have another issue though, sometimes I have dodos that fall through blocks onto the platform a few squares lower. Happened about 5 times.

I found that if an egg hatches in an area where I have a feeder, the dodo will mature but never becomes tame. It later dies and drops an item. I must tame it first, then place the feeder down, then it never dies on me.

Dodos to high tiers?

do sharks still grow once tamed?

I’m pretty sure they get bigger, tamed sharks never die (of old age).
By the time a shark is tamed it should be around the adult stage anyways.
Big sharks can’t be captured in a bucket, no sharks can be caged.

Can tamed sharks grow infinitely,or was Dave’s note of limiting them to sensible size regarding that?

I’m not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but when I finally tamed a shark, I think it got smaller. It hasn’t changed size since. I wish I tamed it at the ocean, because you can’t put them in buckets or cages, it’s stuck in an 8x8 tank lol.

6 feedings for yaks? I got 4-5 on my try’s.,

I’m not sure if this is a bump or not but that’s not the point. I am here to ask if there are any new additions on these guides. (Just looking for help on taming the other mobs which don’t have a complete guide on since I’m not experienced in this part of the game.)