Android 10 update

What is the point of making the app available on Google play store when you don’t allow us to play?

Like the others, it doesn’t allow the app to load , white screen appears , and then it crashes.

Stupid answers like get an apple is just immature.

I read that the management team and trying to get it resolved but it’s been months and no change, still can’t use the app, so if it is not available anymore, one tip, remove it so we don’t have to go through the trouble knowing that we can’t use it

Nobody is purposefully trying to make it so you cannot play.

I don’t think anybody ever said that you should get an Apple device if you’re on Android 10.

1 Like

We don’t develop the Android version. Noodlecake does, and at present Google are preventing them from updating the app over a technicality.

Blockheads is my favorite App and has been for 7 years. I’ve never owned an Android device.
But considering the dozens of problems Android seems to have with running Blockheads - I have been utterly convinced to never buy an Android device for me or anyone in my family.

Realizing this isn’t an option for some of you, the only advice I can give is to contact Noodlecake and file a complaint. The more people who do so the more it will be in their interest to take action. Or at least then bring the weight of those complaints to bear in their complaint with Google.
Google is another organization I’m less than satisfied with…

3 Likes

Will they ever even respond to Noodlecake, no matter what?

I wouldn’t blame Android 10. It largely comes down to the fact that Noodlecake is trying to skimp out on requirements that prevent a seven year old game from running on modern hardware.

To be fair, I can totally understand why they would do such a thing. The Blockheads is long past its prime now, so it probably isn’t even worth optimizing the game for modern hardware.

Most Android Phones looked like this back when The Blockheads was first released on Android.
Most Android Phones now look like this (screens with rounded corners, hole-punch front-facing cameras, etc).

1 Like

Btw, does Android make tablets? I mostly play BH on the iPad and don’t typically use the phone anyway.

Yes, there are Android tablets.

Here is one of them.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter which organization is to blame. The fact is, Android devices have had nothing but problems running Blockheads since inception and like Wumbo said, since Blockheads is past it’s prime there is no incentive for either Android, Noodlecake, or Google to do a darn thing about it.

Hence-I’ll never buy an Android device as long as Blockheads remains a viable game. It’s not personal, it’s just Blockheads🤷🏼‍♀️