Aquarium designing

I kind of need help. My aquarium looks very bland, and I am thinking it could use some style. However, I don’t want to use anything with kelp because more sharks will spawn and I really don’t want any shark breeding. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can give the aquarium a glow up? Thank you!!

2 Likes

Add some kelp maybe paint it too

1 Like

I think painting is a good idea, and maybe you could populate it a little more?

1 Like

Make it fifteen or fewer blocks. That should stop sharks from spawning, unless Dave changed the shark spawn parameters without telling me.

3 Likes

If you want a dim aquarium, use uplights. There’s not many things you can do to an aquarium considering we don’t have coral, but wall painting would be your best bet for making it less bland. Kelp would make it look better.

4 Likes

Experiment with a few gem blocks for decor, and cool lighting effects.

I have wanted to play with using cool paintings behind water to good effect but I never did. Maybe images of real world fish, or sunken ships or something.

If you plant them before flooding the tank, you can have underwater trees. That’s always an interesting look.

Lastly, play with some other block types for adornment, like gravel, sand, lapis, etc.

2 Likes

Give the tanks some more personality.

1 Like

That’s what the OP is trying to do. Try posting ideas on how they can do that, if you’d like to help.

3 Likes

Try this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You could add a submarine boat maze or an underwater handcar track.

3 Likes

make a background pixel art

1 Like

Add a layer of compost!

1 Like

plant trees in it

3 Likes

I forgot you could do that.

1 Like

i just learned about it great fast farming idea!

3 Likes

Also use a tin hat and trap him in and it makes an automatic farm

1 Like

wow great idea Code! but will he break his way out?

1 Like

It can’t break out of man placed blocks

2 Likes

i didn’t know that!

with what stuff do you leave the blockhead trapped?

i’ll try it these days

1 Like

I’m not sure, but probably anything but dirt

2 Likes