Are unknowns dangerous?

Some people say yes, some say no. Are they or not, as I would like to start a collection without corrupting my world. :slight_smile:

Yes, they can be dangerous.

Ok, how dangerous?

Very. Corrupt anything they’re with, lag lag lag, and overall, not something you want.
:slight_smile:

yeah, it’s not good, my world with a collection hasn’t been currupted but it is really laggy

I think I am the only person who has never come across an unknown! I think the blockhead heads look funny, I’d totally display them if I had some. Lol

I once got my hands on emo burgers pants in cheeseworld

I don’t think it’s as many as you think. I’ve never come across one either. I think so many people seek and discuss them here in the forums that the it’s easy to get the idea that they’re common, but if you don’t play online and suffer lag you will not see them at all. They are a form of data corruption.

Sometimes they do a great deal of damage, apparently. It may be that the damage is caused by the same thing that causes the unknowns, but I don’t think we have that nailed down. I do know that Dave put in a fix in the 1.6 update and the number of reported accidental unknowns dropped to almost zero, so unless you seek them you may never see one.

I was given lots even the cute blockheads heads but my server lagged badly so into the lava they went lol

Shame. I think some of them seem very pretty and good for decorating, but I don’t want to corrupt my world…