Att's Guide to Playing Blockheads on Apple Silicon Macs Without Emulators

With the new M1 Chip macs, Apple has made it easier than ever to play Blockheads on mac without using an emulator! This guide will teach you how to do so.

Why I personally do this.

I personally do this as it makes it easer to record the game, (in my opinion) or maybe even stream it. I also just like playing some games with a mouse over touch.

What you will need to do this.

1. A mac with the M1 Chip.
  2. Be on the Big Sur macOS.
  3. Have downloaded Blockheads in the past on your current Apple ID.

How do I know if my mac has the M1 Chip?

Thats super easy to check! Just simply click the apple logo at the top left corner. Then click about this mac. A new window should show up with info about the mac. Just look next to Chip, if it says Intel, then your mac is sadly not compatible. If it says Apple M1 for the chip, you’re in luck!

My mac has the M1 Chip, what is the next step?

The next step is to open the App Store and go to your purchases. If you can’t find the App Store, then you can spotlight search it. To spotlight search you can either press the command key and the space bar at the same time, or you can click the magnifying glass at the top right-ish side of your screen. Then type App Store and click enter. The app store should open. To find your purchases click your name at the bottom left corner of the app store, that will bring you to the purchases page.

I got to my purchases but I don’t see Blockheads! What should I do?

Right under account it should show 2 tabs/buttons, one should say Mac Apps, and the other should say iPhone & iPad Apps. Click iPhone & iPad Apps. Scroll until you see Blockheads then click the little download icon, (the little cloud) wait until it’s downloaded. Then you can spotlight search for it with the same method talked about earlier in the post. (Instead of typing App Store, you would type Blockheads.) When you open it, make sure to restore your double time! (If you bought it)

Things to keep in mind.

A few things you should keep in mind when you are playing Blockheads on your mac.

• I̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶o̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶.̶ ̶(̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶I̶’̶l̶l̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶)̶ Edit: To fix the white screen glitch, simply resize the window.

• It may ask for an Apple ID, that’s only to sync your Game Center to Blockheads. Just simply sign in and it will go away.

• Playing Blockheads full screen can cause some UI size issues.

• If you use a computer mouse, you cannot zoom in/out. If you use a touchpad, this shouldn’t be an issue.

• There is no way (currently) to transfer singleplayer worlds over.

Thanks for reading this post! I hope it was helpful, if you have any questions please leave them in the replies and I will get back to you ASAP!

Screenshots of it running!

10 Likes

Ah, yes! Thank you so much for creating this guide. We can finally put the speculation to rest now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem!

Are you able to share any video recordings or screenshots of the game running on your Mac?

1 Like

Thank you very much @Sir_Att for your detailed guide!