Basileus 2.0: The Rise of an Empire (New thread)

server

Yeah if you were actually allied with him the OA would probably kick you out.

Can I be whitelisted please? I’d like to be able to look at the glitched space.

IGN: Bibliophile

What glitched space?

Sure, I’ll whitelist you.

@TheKnexGuy, we had a glitched block that was discovered after one of our wooden buildings burnt down. It’s sort of like an invisible block, that you can only chop for about half a second, if that makes sense. I can tell you more if you’re interested.

A burned house caused that block?

oh dodo what have I done…

Diamondknight has been banned from the server

WHOOO LETS CELEBRATE!!! :tada::tada: :tada:
Lets make a 1000x1000 pixel art of dk’s laame avatar, then make a big red image
over the art. PARTY TIME! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::balloon::balloon:

jk

I whitelisted you @Bibliophile. The glitched spot is right of spawn. I will be home from work in about 4 hours if you need anything.

cough cough “Cobblestone”…

My precious fuel :weary: A good stack in there… Oh well.
@theknexguy let’s go grab our swords

By the way, since the Wiki was edited, I’ve compiled all the ones I got:

Summary

production
Page history
last edited by Ferrum Princeps 1 month ago

I:
In order to have full eficiency one must track current production, a good way to do that is to use a production point system like in civ:
Wood logs: 2 per stack

I:

The research process is to go online and research information on the subject, when you find some interesting information take notes in a note file and when you have enough notes put the important notes into a summary and submit the information into the contact form below. The research director will receive the information from the emperor and put it into a formatted essay and put it into the contact form.

II:

???

Colonization
Page history
last edited by Ferrum Princeps 2 months, 1 week ago

Key: 1: multi city clan, 2: multi city clan II, 3: multi server clan, 4: multi server clan II, 5: multi game clan, 6: multi game clan II, 7: multi server clan III, 8: reaching beyond the boundaries of the virtual world, 9: reaching beyond the boundaries of the virtual world II, 10: multi game clan III

I:

If you want to leave the tribal ages and advance your clan you must first grow beyond having just one base…
To begin turning your clan from a mere city state to an empire you must found new cities across the server. You should make a new job type: settler. The settler will go and find a new spot to make a good city, when he finds one he will start building a city. You must keep in mind the surrounding terrain, if you like to trade a lot maybe look for bodies of water and rivers to make a port on, if you are militaristic look for the well defended position, preferably on a hill with natural formations guarding your flanks, etc. Once it is built then you can appoint a city leader to run the city for you, if you have a city you would like to make your capital then build your central administrative buildings there, though even capitals need city leaders to run them while you are gone. Once the cities are thriving you can then have regular resource shipments to direct a city’s surplus to a city that has a deficit in that material (eg. city A has high iron yeilds but is always starving, city B has lots of farms but needs iron, send shipments of iron from city A to city B, and shipments of food from city B to city A).

II:

If you take all the information from recruitment I and improve it…
Instead of having city leaders that you appoint without taking into account their popularity or competence you should choose them a little better, if your clan is a representative democracy then you could elect your city leader and change the title to mayor, elections could happen every X days and the mayor could be replaced if the people do not like him. If your clan is a monarchy then you could have the city leader title changed to lord and choose them strategically by taking into account their strengths and weaknesses, and the kind of city they would be running (do not put a master war general in a pacifist city :P). If your clan is a direct democracy then instead of having a city leader you could have a people’s senate building where people place their proposals and votes on signs (then remove their signs when the vote is over) (example of proposal sign: we should build a barracks (Vote ID: 6)) (example of a vote sign: (Vote ID: 6) yes). In order to get lots of new cities you could find a neutral city and peacefully annex it by offering to give it rights as an city of your empire. (example conversation: Diplomat(or you): want to join our growing (government form here, eg. empire, republic, federation, etc), we will give you regular shipments, technological advancement, assistance from other cities if needed, and protection from raiders/greifers City owner: cool, can I still be leader of the city? Diplomat: yes sure, (if representative democracy: you can be automatically mayor for 1 term, then you can be re-elected if your people liked your last term) (if monarchy: you can be lord [playername] of [cityname]) (if direct democracy: you can put up a proposal anytime and people can vote for it, if the majority votes then the proposal passes) City owner: cool, I will join). There will be a new job: annexation diplomat, these diplomats will go around to neutral cities and attempt to peacefully annex them. They could even try to flip the allegiance of enemy cities if they are skilled enough. With many cities you might need better administration, so you can divide your empire into providences and counties, with elected or chosen leaders for them similar to the cities but on a larger scale.

III:

You have a vast empire on a server, you have reached the pinnacle of power…
But wait, you could go bigger, you could embark and settle on new servers, have an even bigger empire, and have recruits coming in from many servers at once. Your settler job could no longer be confined from settling on one server, it can find new servers that would be good to settle on and build cities there. You can expand your horizons of the annexation diplomat as well. Once you found a city on a new server then you should immediately start recruiting (or sending) workers there (soldiers too if it is a factions server). Then you must establish a good reputation on that server, try to avoid being viewed as “the evil invader” (which may mean trying not to start random wars for no reason). Once your colony is starting to boom you must then try not to make the mistakes Brittan did with the US (no stupid taxes unless you have a good reason, give your colonists full rights (and representation if there is some kind of senate), do not ignore your colonist’s pleas and try to make them feel as if they are just as important as the colonists on the main server), you can also start having that colony start making inter-server shipments (if the game is theblockheads and the two worlds are vanilla worlds, or if it is a game that supports interserver item transportation, or using diemcomecs ( https://www.cryptocoincreator.com/currency/diemcomec/client )).

IV:

Colonization III really must have opened your eyes to the possibilities, but there is even more…
In order to truly use your colonies to their full potential you may need to divide your empire even higher into servers, with elected or chosen leaders for them similar to the cities, providences, and counties but on a larger scale. At this point you should start settling on any server that will let you. Even make a dedicated server scout job if you have too, and keep a list of possible servers to colonize. You should start seriously considering which server you should have your capital on, you are no longer limited to one server as before, where you only had a capital city.

Recruitment
Page history

Key: 1: forum thread I, 2: forum thread II, 3: (requires multi-server clan) setting up recruitment colonies I, 4: setting up recruitment colonies II

I:

For one to recruit many members they must break out of traditional clan recruitment methods, one good method to use when recruiting is to make a forum thread for your clan, use an interesting thread name that users will want to click on, and make sure it attracts your target audience.

II:

For one to recruit many members they must break out of traditional clan recruitment methods, one good method to use when recruiting is to make a forum thread for your clan, use an interesting thread name that users will want to click on, and make sure it attracts your target audience. Though unlike recruitment I, you must be more creative then just a simple 1-3 sentence thread. You must use rhetoric, make the thread vibrant (though not distracting), show why I the player would want to join your clan.
Create a catchy banner and a good structure. Make it look professional, yet not too foreboding. Emphasize that it is not just a mere clan, but a virtual community where the user can make friends and have a good time. Although you want to appeal to your target audience be sure to be inclusive of all playing styles, you may want a large army but without farmers how will they eat? Use techniques advertisers use in real world advertisements, draw inspiration from real world propaganda and “immigration ads”. An example can be found here http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers-java-edition/clans/2839687-the-united-empire-of-ferrum-a-milsim-virtual

production
Page history
last edited by Ferrum Princeps 1 month ago

I:
In order to have full eficiency one must track current production, a good way to do that is to use a production point system like in civ:
Wood logs: 2 per stack

Government
Page history
last edited by Ferrum Princeps 2 months ago

Key: 1: basic, despotic,

PRELUDE:

In order to advance out of the stone age you must go beyond the traditional clan and begin thinking big. You are no longer a tiny clan but a digital nation, with citizens, laws, cities, and a government…

iudiciumarchy:

You need a new government system? Well you are in luck as there is a free trial going on for government systems…
In this government system instead of having an uncoordinated laissez faire member base you shall begin making everyone more coordinated. In order to do this you must assign a division of labor system. http://www.yourarticlelibrary.com/economics/factors-of-production/9-major-advantages-of-division-of-labour/36844. With everyone having a specialized job you will have more stable and constant production. Example: as a non division of labor system you have a clanmate start exploring, though they have to stop so they can build a base, as a division of labor clan your explorer will be always exploring and scouting, and your builders will always be building, and your miners will always be mining. You should also try to recruit clan members from all timezones so that you will have almost 24/7 production and gaurds.

Economics:
Page history

I:
To

SideBar
Page history
last edited by Ferrum Princeps 2 months ago

A:
B:
C:
Colonization
D:
E:
F:
G:
H:
I:
J:
K:
L:
M:
N:
O:
P:
Prinowe
Q:
R:
Recruitment
Research Process
S:
T:
U:
V:
W:
X:
Y:
Z:

Yeah I got my sword but

I don’t know where you are ._.

When he insults the other clans for not joining him then he wonders why everyone is against him :thinking:

@Diamond_knight, I see some of those buildings you have ruined weere made by one of my fellow clan mates. That was a silly mistake, dk. very silly mistake.

everyone is at war with me anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

also I just thought of a loophole in the system that should be patched

Currently you can have shops and factories protected, ones you use in normal clan play as sources of income and gear, this should be fixed as that is basically ungreifable income and using the protectors for ordinary gameplay.

If you look at frater’s shop right of spawn next to the SS memes then you can see my point, as he can make lots of money and his shop will never be greifed

Just kind of ruins the “everything is raidable if you put in the effort” mechanic as now only bases are raid-able.

Too many clans nowdays have half their assets/buildings protected.

No one has clan assets protected. Frater made a community use building in the last contest. The base is not protected in his name. The rule we made about shops is they cannot be used to store assets. The prices have to be set at a reasonable rate below trade portal prices. If you are encountering protected areas maybe you have stumbled across one of the hidden treasure sites or one of the challenges we have set up.

May someone please whitelist me?
My IGN is: Scorched-Earth
Please and thank you

I can vouch for @VolcanoFlame

Wasn’t @VolcanoFlame already whitelisted as volcano flame?

He used to be in my clan playing with me on the server until I had to kick him out in a desperate act to kick all members who would not take my counterspy form on google forms (there was a clan that got banned that wanted to infiltrate clans and dupe and I was not about to fall for it, if you want then you can have the screenshots I PMed ILJ and wingy)

I can whitelist you.
@Diamond_knight, I’ll look into it, but it could be a misunderstanding or something else. I trust Frater’s vouch.

Shariu has already vouched for me.

Also, I don’t even remember what my other whitelisted name was and what picture I used. Sooooo yeah. =P

Ali volcano flame was not found to be guilty, I trusted volcano, I just wanted to be extremely safe and take no chances, so I deported everyone who I did not 100% trust.