Can lava be anywhere else?

Can lava be found anywhere that’s not the core? A guy on YouTube showed a glitch on how to get lava blocks near spawn, I tried it, it didn’t work. The video was from 1.6.1 though, so I’m pretty sure it was patched or something.

1 Like

Magma can’t be anywhere else legitimately.

1 Like

That’s what I thought, I wasn’t entirely sure though. :slight_smile:

I have said it before, but that video is likely fake.

1 Like

I actually don’t think it is,

about a year or more ago (1.7 for sure) I remember hearing some things about how a couple of people managed to spawn it in as an inventory item, (with a couple of screenshots “verifying” it) but since I don’t remember too much on it i’m not entirely willing to discuss nor am I too strong on my opinion.

1 Like

You are probably right. It was either fake, or patched. The lava in the video didn’t burn him either, so I did feel that it was too good to be true.

There was a glitch in version 1.6.1 I believe with certain custom world settings that created random bits of lava near the surface. It only occurred at world creation time though, but you would be stuck with those blocks forever. That got patched with 1.7.

1 Like

Ohh it was patched. Thanks, and it makes sense. :smiley:

Only underground but when I was playing older version, my single player world has lava like 20 block deep from spawn portal

1 Like

as in terms of inventory, you should read this

1 Like