Change “Meta” to “Site Feedback”

Due to Facebook’s recent name change, I think it’d be a good idea to rename #Meta in order to prevent confusion and disassociate the category with such a controversial company.

“Site Feedback” would serve as a better name for the category, but there are probably other alternative names that could work too. :slight_smile:

I think you are over-reacting a bit… Between the context of this forums and the topics contained in #Meta, there really isn’t any reason for anyone to think we have an entire category dedicated to Mark Zuckerberg and company.

4 Likes

Yes, but think about how the word “Meta” will change over the next couple of years. People will almost certainly associate it with Facebook 99.9% of the time.

People don’t associate the word “Alphabet” with Google at all

2 Likes

Yeah, but “Google” never renamed themselves to “Alphabet” though.

Yes they did

No, they didn’t.

Alphabet is the parent company of Google.

And Meta is the parent company of Facebook

2 Likes

Facebook is not a company anymore.

My point in that the platform is still called Facebook, and most people are going to keep referring to the company as Facebook.

You can’t predict the future though. It’s better to be safe rather than sorry.

Safe from what exactly? There is plenty of information on this forum that indicates that #Meta has nothing to do with the company formerly known as Facebook

Safe from causing confusion amongst people who think that #Meta revolves around the company of the same name.

There really is no reason for anyone to think that unless they aren’t paying attention to literally anything else about this forum

1 Like

It also has more to do with how Facebook will probably tarnish the reputation of the word “Meta” in general over the coming years.

Besides, doesn’t something like “Site Feedback” sound a whole lot better?

1 Like

A. This is not a product name change, but a corporate one, so most people won’t use the word Meta to discuss the platforms.

B. Meta is an ancient word stem, and has been around for many millennia. There are many Meta brands around the world, and they don’t interest us.

C. People aren’t as thick as you seem to think them. In fact, I think this community is above average in intelligence :upside_down_face:

D. This forum is for so much more than site feedback.

8 Likes

Are you referring to certain people in particular? :upside_down_face:

‘c’ just made my day

1 Like

Did Corona beer change it’s name to avoid being associated with the virus? No. As Milla said people aren’t as thick as you seem to think them.

3 Likes

plus corona isn’t the virus covid is, and i tend to agree meta is also much more general site feedback only specifies part of what meta is about, it isn’t just feedback it covers questions, little fun facts etc

1 Like