Clarification on avatar rule

I know there’s a rule about avatars. My future avatar will not be inappropriate but it can be found elsewhere as it’s also my youtube channel’s profile picture. Is that fine? Because the rule about avatar says “No photos of you should be posted anywhere, and that includes as avatars.”
I tried to look for clarifications on this rule but it seems as no one had issues on making sure it can’t be found elsewhere.
If it’s not ok, I’ll just post a different avatar.

1 Like

Note: In no way am I trying to promote my channel.

The “No photos of you” rule means you aren’t allowed to have pictures of you yourself as a person, i.e. a selfie. It means you aren’t allowed to post pictures yourself if it reveals identity (for example a face reveal). Its for safety/privacy reason :slight_smile:
at least, thats how I interpreted it.

3 Likes

Ah I see. Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t think anybody would ever think that you’re attempting to promote your channel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s pretty clear, to be honest. What about it made you unsure?

1 Like

I think it was just the part that said no photos of you should be anywhere. I think I didn’t quite understand whether it mean the photo of the avatar or like a selfie.

1 Like

No pictures of you as a human being in the flesh. Unless you physically are your avatar (aka a 2D graphic) then a picture of an avatar =/ a photo of you.

What’s a more explicit way to say “photos of you”? I’ll try rewording it, but I’m not sure if it will help.

2 Likes

Something along the lines of “any pictures/avatars are okay to use here as long as they are appropriate and do not show your physical identity(face, body, etc)”?

It actually just said photos in the rules, which might lead to confusion very easily. I have put photos of you. I think that is clear enough.

2 Likes

or “photos of you (e.g. selfies)”