This post is now a Wiki, please update it if you discover some way to remove glitches caused by hackers / griefers.
If you don’t have success with one method, try using two or more of the methods together.
Fixing glitched spaces (generic, try this first)From [Jemni's post](https://forums.theblockheads.net/t/cleaning-up-glitches-such-as-after-griefers/16867/12) (pictures here)
This will work on corrupted workbenches, most squares where nothing can be placed, and other glitched spaces.
To perform this fix, you will need a block, a door, and an elevator shaft.
- Place the block two blocks below the broken square.
- Place the elevator just under the broken square.
- Place a door on top of the elevator so the top of the door is on top of the broken square.
- Break the door, using the bottom block to do so.
- If a column of broken squares exists, start this at the bottom and work your way up, repeating the steps.
Fixing glitched trapdoorsIf a hacker removes a trapdoor, the ladder and top of the trapdoor may remain behind while the block is removed. To remove it, follow these steps:
- Place a door so that the top of the door is on the same block as the glitched trapdoor.
- Break the top of the door.
- Break the bottom of the door.
If this fails, try the following:
- Place an elevator just under the trapdoor.
- Place a door like before so that the top of the door is on top of the trapdoor.
- Break the top of the door.
- Break the bottom of the door.
Fixing glitched doorsAs with the trapdoor method, this may also occur. If so, then the 2 sides of a door should remain
- Place a block on the door then remove. This will work on those doors that have different colors in your inventory
For when method 1 doesn’t work
- Place a trapdoor on the top of the door
- Remove the trapdoor
- Place a door and remove the top block
Ice / Sign Method (Broken workbenches)This method can be finicky. Try the elevator / door method first to maximise your chance of fixing the issue.
First, cover the workbench with water.
Then freeze the water.
Place a sign on the ice.
IMPORTANT!: Melt the ice! If you don’t do this, you will end up with another glitch.
Once the ice has melted, if you have a friend helping you, tap the sign. If you don’t have a friend helping you you will need two blockheads. Have the first walk away from the bench and then come back and remove it. Before the first blockhead gets there, tap on the sign so that you can remove the bench after the first blockhead removes the sign.
Ask them to remove the sign. Do not get rid of the menu. It should look like this.
Now tap remove to remove the workbench, if it works, then you have fixed the space.
Removing unbreakable blocks (Ice or other, not invisible)Be **very** careful when using this fix. It can create other issues which do not yet have a resolution.
Sometimes hackers will block you in with ice or some other block which can’t be broken. Contrary to popular belief, you should NOT simply melt the ice. Doing this leaves you with a glitched area that can sometimes not be removed.
Example of ice that cannot be broken:
To remove this you need a setup like the following:
= Unbreakable block
= Any block
= Empty air
Place a sign on the block you placed, (). It should look like this.
Now remove the sign. You should be able to break the unbreakable block.
Missing spawn portalJust type /stop into chat (if you are admin or owner) or have a staff member restart the server. The portal will reappear.
Invisible, unbreakable, blocks.Unfortunately, these are pretty commonplace. Fortunately, they burn. They cannot be tapped. Signs can be placed on them to remove them using the two blockhead glitch or you can burn them.
Example (above ground):
Removing "super furnaces" (those super bright generators or furnaces stacked in one square)
It doesn’t even take a hacker to create these, but if you have one that you can’t seem to remove there are two ways. First, if it’s a single furnace by itself and you can break the back wall, do that and the stacked benches should pop right off. There are usually at least 10 when someone makes these. If you can’t remove the backwall (e.g. underground) or they are clustered so that they remain when backwall is removed, try these steps:
- Place two blocks under the super generator/furnace.
- Now place a bed on the space next to the generator. The generator which was probably not removeable before can now be removed.
- Remove the generator, remove the bed and replace. Repeat this step until generators are gone.
Starting to see glow brightness diminish as you see I have removed 4 generators from the space.
Removing Unbreakable IceUnbreakble ice, as the name suggests, is basically ice that is unbreakble, meaning it cannot be broken no matter how hard you try. It can form naturally and can be made by players as well. (Do not, I repeat, do not try to make unbreakable ice.) Griefers can often use this to trap you inside somewhere.
Here’s how you remove it:
- Clear away the blocks around the unbreakble block of ice.
- Place an easily breakable block, such as stone, on either the left or the right side of the ice block.
NOTE: Do not place ice around unbreakble ice, because then the ice you placed also becomes unbreakable.
- Place an ownership sign on the block that you placed.
- Remove the ownership sign.
- Break the block that you placed.
You will now find that the ice turns normal and can be easily removed.
Some important things to remember:
Whatever you do, do not melt the unbreakable ice.
Do not place more ice around the unbreakble ice.
Do not place water near the unbreakable ice.
Ghost PlantsPlace a column (any type) on the ghost plant and remove it.
With the release of 1.7, fixing problems in your cloud world is really easy!
You must be an admin to use this guide.
Type /repair in chat, this will put you into repair mode.
Click on a block, a red outline will be shown on the block red outline
Click the block again, it will be restored to it’s original, generated, state. Any benches, chests, or shelves on the block will pop off as if you removed them with no inventory space.
Once you are done, type /repair in chat to exit repair mode.
Important: There is no undo feature!! Once you repair a block, it is gone forever.