Cloud World: Skeeve’s Narnia
At long last the time has come for me to open a new server! This will be my 11th Cloud World and while Skeeves-Gigantic-Empire (SGE) remains open, all my other worlds have long ago gone out of credit.
This new world will be called Skeeve’s Narnia with a target Grand Opening on July 1st, 2020. (Just over 2 months from now). It will be heavily themed to C.S. Lewis’ Books, The Chronicles of Narnia. The rules will specify building guidelines, naming conventions, and possible Role-playing of the characters from the books.
It will be a Custom World with the following settings:
(Except PvP will be ON, not disabled as it shows below)
Until it opens, this thread will be used to share some ideas for the server and establish rules.
I will most likely make this a “Searchable” world, so that random noobs will not pour in. Familiarity with the Chronicles of Narnia is strongly recommended.
Below are some starting ideas:
- Spawn design to look like the Wardrobe which first brought the 4 Pevensie Children to Narnia.
- The “Large Oceans” setting will make for long sailing trips which should mimic “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”. Islands could be created to match the theme of that storyline.
- Underground areas could be designed to look like the realm of the Emerald Witch from “The Silver Chair”
- The Climate setting is “Normal” so that we can have both Winter Regions and Deserts. The deserts can represent the kingdom of Calormen from “The Horse and His Boy”
- The setting “More Trees” will allow for vast forests – perhaps representing the Woods between the Worlds from “The Magician’s Nephew”
- We could build the Stone Table that Aslan was sacrificed on, and later create “Aslan’s How” from “Prince Caspian”.
- Don’t forget to name all of your Donkey’s “Puzzle” and your Unicorns “Jewel” from “The Last Battle”!!
- Recommend naming your Blockheads after characters from the books.
- Building rules would apply so that the book’s themes are followed.
- Since Narnia was a violent place at times, with many wars and times of strife, Mobs are set to “Hard” and you will need to clear the “wilds” of Narnia and make them subject to the Kingdom.
- For the same reason, I will probably make it PvP – and we will use that to address griefers a little differently than just simply banning them: My proposal is to have us Narnians defend the land from griefers! Death Drops are set to “all items” for that reason…
- Protection signs will be very rare, and only used to protect the Spawn area, Gem Trees, and maybe a few key structures.
All Ideas and Suggestions are Welcome! I can’t entertain them all but I will listen to every one of them.
COUNTDOWN to NARNIA: Server is now Open!