Did anyone get the presidential alert?

(This only applies to the United States)

It happened at 2:18 PM EST.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/fema-tests-presidential-alert-to-225-million-electronic-devices

I did

I didn’t.

I did 3 times :joy:

Edit:

already got rid of the other one

12 Likes

Yeep my english teacher was so excited for it, but then she was disappointed because her phone didn’t buzz

5 Likes

I got it once

We just get alerts from alert Canada.

They put something similar in place in NZ ages back, but the Prime Minister doesnt control it. Our Civil Defence does. It’s for disaster alerts, such as tsunami warnings, alarms about volcanic eruptions, or similar.

It turned out it didn’t work if your phone was on DND though, so they tested it twice here.

6 Likes

I never recieved it.

If my president did that then it would most likely say:
“hello my fellow mexicans, I’m just trying this good wireless alert system, because it is a great advance for our country.
Because good things count, and they count a lot.
1>5”

3 Likes

ughh yes! It went off in the middle of my teachin around 1:20pm :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Our class was in the middle of an important writing test when everyone’s phones go BEEEEEEEP!! Startled half of us to death, jeez.

4 Likes

Both me and my friend received the alert.

Yes. 10 minutes late tho.

I was at lunch, and I heard a symphony of these alerts on all phones…

Let me just put this here…

8 Likes

Glad to hear some of you didn’t receive it. My wife and I didn’t either, but our kids did, so we thought maybe there was a Soilent Green situation where if there were actually a national disaster, they would just let the old people die. But apparently it’s just a flawed system. Odd though. I get all the Amber Alerts any time a kid disappears on the other side of the state.

12 Likes

I didn’t!

Oh… Wait… Not in Australia.

4 Likes

Why did it go off?

Look at the images above.

I can receive AMBER Alerts but not the presidential alert…