So, a lotta ppl have been thinking that Mac servers are run by majicDave and that they sometimes aren’t joinable just because he made The Blockheads. But this is not true.
Mac servers are totally different from Cloud servers
- Dave doesn’t operate Mac servers, the owner of the Mac itself does.
- Mac servers don’t need credit. So Dave doesn’t get any money from Mac servers, only money from the cloud.
- Mac servers don’t have an owner portal. Only Cloud ones do. But @wingysam is working on one for his operating Mac servers!
- You cannot join Mac Servers by pressing Random search, only the IP and port.
- Mac servers can hold up to 32 players. This can be adjustable.
- Mac servers cannot be made in The Blockheads. They can in the Server App, which is only available on Mac.
- Mac servers do not have super mods or “Mac ban”. This makes possible to make a Mac server for cloudbanned people
- Cloud Servers are run by majicDave, which does cost him money.
- Dave gets a lot more money from Cloud Servers than Mac, because those cost real life money to add credit, but Mac servers don’t need credit.
- Cloud servers do cost credit, and it’s actually pretty cheap!
- Cloud Servers can only hold up to 16 players. This is not adjustable.
- Chat in Cloud Servers do reset when all players leave, while Mac servers don’t reset when all players leave.
- You can’t join a cloud server by entering an IP and Port, that’d be silly, kinda.
- Unlike their Mac counterpart, cloud servers do have super mods and cloud ban, so you better behave!
I hope this guide has helped you, and bye!