Draw and share - squared paper

5 Likes

Is that supposed to be a Minecraft character? It looks very nice! :slight_smile:

I’m assuming this is for pixel art maps?

1 Like

Could be better for in game build. No outlines in-game. I am still pretty much on bronze age on this new run of playing the game, have a draft of this open arms dude. Coloring will take sometime. The world I chosen is advanced server, vandalized recently at spawn. Good think I moved away to the wild before starting my small enterprise.

Anyone can do some draft in a paper, and later try to do it in game. It is simple. But it starts with a drawing and then showing what you draw… And hopefully find time to build it. (Notice I prefer survival old rules world)

This is how we used to make graphics/sprites for characters in games. The ZX Spectrum used 8x8 pixel squares on the screen, so you’d make a character that was 8x8 or 8x16 or 16x16 etc and you’d draw it out on squared paper, if you didn’t have any handy, you’d have to draw your own squares first :rofl:. Of course, you’d only be able to use a choice of 8 somewhat interesting colours and, you could only use 2 of those colours in any 8x8 block.