Effortless Apple Orchard (or coffee, mangoes etc)

I’ve come up with an simple way to harvest apples …necessary when you’re as dependant on dodos as I am. This design can also be used on other trees like coffee. While the design will take you a little while to build (you’ll need fruit, compost and lights), once it’s done apples will rain down, making it super easy to collect them. And very, very exciting.

Basically the idea is to set up a multi floor stack of trees so that when your fruit drops off the trees they slip through the gaps, and you can pick them up by just walking from one side of the ground floor to the other.

In the diagram below C represents a compost block to plant your trees in, = represents empty space.

C = = C = = C = = C = = C = = C
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
C = = C = = C = = C = = C = = C

Up to you how you space your trees. I cluster mine up so I don’t waste space. Don’t forget to light your building properly so the trees grow, and take the time to build using compost so your trees don’t die.

Here’s a close up pic:

Let me know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

I just had to throw in a pic of the whole building. Of course you can make it bigger or smaller, depending on your needs.

ill gonna make the huge fruit factory like this thumbsup tomorrow

4 Likes

You’re right. It does look a lot like a factory! :lol:

2 Likes

now its 6 floor lets extend to 20 floor (oh no lag)
wow this is so beautiful apples

Love it! Looks fab :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And your lighting idea is way cool

1 Like

This how I always organize my farms, pretty neat it’s appreciated by others!

i made this in server named carbon duck
omg no more starving !!!
factory 4 seasons
4seasonsapple
2 fps falling animation lol because of megabyte limit
Applefallinganomation

2 Likes

Wow, your building is really tall. Fantastic! And thanks so much for the vids. That’s what it’s like - apple downpour! :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

1 Like

I tried a (much) smaller version of this on my custom world and I must say it is quite effective. I mediated for a short time and with a small 9 orange trees I got two stacks + 80 oranges