Everything we know about 1.7!

1.7 Is out! Go play the game!

Known changes

Changes listed here are known to be in the game, and it is known what the change will do

Free HD textures

Dave has said here that HD textures will be free in 1.7

Change in world credit

Dave has told us that instead of using time crystals to credit worlds, we will now pay real money to credit worlds Via in app purchase On the forum

New font on menu

Milla reveals the menu on facebook. Then SHAHMMM posted it on the forums . http://forums.theblockheads.net/t/new-1-7-spoiler/54359?u=shahmmm

Special characters in names

History

March 21, 2017 - Dave reveals that player names will be constrained to ascii text on the forum.

New Font

As fully revealed in Dave’s New font thread, The Blockheads is getting a new font!

New:

Old:

History

March 13, 2017 - Dave reveals he is making a font on Twitter.
March 14, 2017 - Dave reveals the finished pallet on Twitter.
March 15, 2017 - Dave reveals the font used in game on the forums.

World format update

With the 1.7 update, blockheads worlds will be stored in a single database file rather than in different files for almost everything in game.

History

September 22, 2016 - Dave reveals he is investigating problems with large worlds on Twitter.
September 22, 2016 - Dave reveals why large worlds have so many files on Twitter.
September 22, 2016 - Dave reveals that he is looking into a database for storing worlds instead of many files on Twitter.
September 22, 2016 - Dave’s benchmark fails, leading to the belief that a database would be slower on Twitter.
September 25, 2016 - Dave reveals that the database method is faster on Twitter

Expert Mode

A new game mode, expert mode, will likely be released with 1.7. This mode mode will feature a world with stricter rules and more limited resources. Trade portals and Portal chests will either be removed, or severely crippled. Additionally, teleportation will be disabled.

Discussion and suggestions are welcome in the expert mode thread. Dave has been responding there.

History:

March 27, 2017 - Dave posts the idea on Twitter.
March 28, 2017 - Ronnie posts a suggestion thread for discussion of the idea.
March 30, 2017 - Dave confirms that trade portals and portal chests will be crippled on the forum
March 30, 2017 - Dave confirms that teleportation will be disabled on the forum.
March 31, 2017 - Dave begins playtesting Expert Mode as revealed on Twitter.
April 18, 2017 - Dave posts a teaser for Expert Mode on Twitter

Badly injured and starving, hiding in a tree from scorpions, desperately stabbing your flint spear at the dodo below. This is expert mode.

April 19, 2017 - Dave confirms that meditation will be disabled in Expert mode on the forum

Dave posted more details about creating expert mode worlds on the forums.
Expert mode

D-Pad

Majicdave posted it on the forums on 3/6/18 or 7 or some time zones. The Blockheads 1.7 Launches March 15th e1dbaf630c586c3b4afc274e382c36f052af9926_1_690x388

Falling Fruits

Dave has stated on Twitter that fruits will fall from trees “at the end of the fruiting season” and that fallen apples will be eaten by dodos. It is unclear whether or not this will be in all worlds, or only expert mode worlds.

https://twitter.com/majicDave/status/858875595899326464

Dave said that players are going to need this feature, in a reply to this post.

Everything we know about 1.7!

Disable Teleportation in Custom Worlds

Teleportation will have the option to be disabled in custom worlds. This was confirmed as a recently-implemented 1.7 feature shortly after having been requested in the #suggestions category.

Source Thread

Possible changes

Changes listed here are very likely to be in the game, but we don’t know for sure. Something should go on this list only if Dave or Milla has implied it might be coming.

Protection sign update

Protection signs may be receiving an update to allow admins to edit anywhere in the world, and players to only edit where protection signs have been placed to allow them to build.

History

October 5, 2016 - Bibliophile suggests a new setting on protection signs to allow any player to edit within them on admin only worlds on the forum.
October 5, 2016 - Dave replies, suggesting another way to implement similar behavior on the forum

Clearer, whiter diamonds

Dave has been working on clearer diamonds recently following a suggestion by kaypoppy. It has not yet been confirmed if this will be part of the update, however Dave did work on it and created the finished diamond which he showed us in a picture.
History
20th June - Dave shows a picture of a new diamond which is not blue but a clearer, whiter light, here

Spoilers

We don’t know what these will be will work in game, but we know they will probably be added.

Several links that might imply something

March 1, 2017 - Dave made blockheads work themselves to death (bug) as revealed on Twitter.
March 6, 2017 - Dave reveals that he likes adding Easter Eggs to games and needs to do more of it on Twitter
March 9, 2017 - Dave is reworking the rendering system for the app on Twitter
March 9, 2017 - Dave’s rework is to make it possible to add animated items / more complex shaders as seen on Twitter

Riding animals other than donkeys?

Dave posted on Twitter that he rode on a shark. Could sharks or even dropbears and scorpions be rideable?

History

June 21, 2017 - Dave posts on Twitter about the sharks.

Milla set her avatar as a Blockhead riding a shark.

New/updated light textures

February 9, 2017 - Dave is working on concentrated light like from a torch / headlamp on Twitter - continued - continued

New sounds

February 15. 2017 - Dave reveals that he is adding new sounds to the game on Twitter.
February 15, 2017 - Dave reveals that the sounds are for new items on Twitter

Color Picker

September 11, 2016 - Dave reveals a new shader on Twitter
September 13, 2016 - Dave reveals the finished color picker on Twitter
September 13, 2016 - Dave reveals that he is working on new features and has added a color picker on the forum

Pets and Fences

March 16, 2017 - Dave reveals a Dodo bird with a name above its head, and what appears to be a fence to its right on the forums.
April 27, 2017 - Dave reveals that the “fence” is probably a gate and that dodos will not be able to move through them on Twitter

Blue blockheads face?

November 11, 2016 - Posted by Ingeniare on the forum.
November 10, 2016 - Dave posts a spoiler on twitter resembling a blue face, or posibly a pet.

Notable Bugfixes

Important bugs that will be fixed / are fixed in 1.7. Only for fixes confirmed by the majicJungle team.

Flat + Very wet worlds

When creating a world that is both flat and very wet, the app will hang and will never finish creating the world.

History

April 30, 2017 - Dave figures out what is wrong and confirms it will be fixed in the bugfix thread.
April 30, 2017 - 222oreo333 reports the issue with mac servers on the forum

99 Baskets removed from free trade portals

As revealed by Milla here. In the update free trade portals will no longer make it possible to buy 99 backets.

History

March 16, 2017 - Milla reveals that the option will be removed in 1.7 on the forums.

Email requirement removed when reporting players

With the 1.6.2 update, reporting a player no longer asks for your email, however the dialog still tells you that you must provide your email. This text will be removed in 1.7.

In 1.6.2, reporting was also broken so that submitted reports are no longer sent to the owner portal. This will also be fixed in 1.7 as confirmed by Milla here

History

October 13 2016 - MummyK reports the bug on the forum
November 10, 2016 - Dave reports that the bug is fixed in 1.7 on the forum
January 12, 2017 - Milla confirms that reports will work again once 1.7 is released on the forum

Ignore
  • I like this big fix
  • I do not like this bug fix

0 voters

• I like this update
  • I do not like this update

0 voters

What will the next update be like?
When is the big update coming?
Any news on what will be in the next update?
Dave no longer controling?
A change to server credit in 1.7
All about Blockheads new update 1.7!
When is the update coming? (1.7)
Blockheads Facebook Post About 1.7
Server crash, lost countless years of work!
Feeding Donkeys
What to expect in 1.7
New Mobs / Enemies
I am back! 1.7 hype!
What to expect in 1.7
Stop buying 99 baskets! It's killing my sever (ewafe diction)
The ”UNOFFICIAL” 1.7 TRAILER 🔒
What is the expert mode¿?
How hype are you about 1.7?
Rule Suggestion: Don't add polls to wiki threads

Wow! This must have taken a long time to make

Wow, that will be great!

Thank you so much for posting this! I was basically a newbie when it came to the update information, but I guess I know what I need to know now! :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thanks for making this!

This is really nice bib. :slight_smile: Now we can all see the 1.7 chnages in one place! :smiley:

@Bibliophile, in the bug fix for reporting email requirement - it’s unclear whether they are fixing the bug that means reports are no longer received into the OP from people who have the 1.6.2 update or just fixing the wording. I know you’ve used the words “bug fix” but then the information given is about the email requirement.

Thanks Mummy, I’ve updated the post. Is it more clear now?

Yes, that’s clear now, thank you!

Thanks @Bibliophile for taking the time to do this for all of us :slight_smile:

This seems to have been missed…

Wow @Bibliophile you did an awesome job on this! Thank you for taking your time on this, and this really helped me a lot. This should be a awesome quick reference to check out for incoming 1.7 updates!

@Lemonadeguy, thanks! I knew I must have missed something. Added to the OP.

Give us another spoiler for 1.7

Updated with Dave’s latest tweet :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: can’t wait!

Custom Rules. It’s already here, right?

Omg I can’t wait for 1.7

Ooh, “expert mode” :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

“Expert mode” @Joe maybe dz needs to be improved upon if this is added :wink:

• Like what we know is happening in 1.7
  • Don’t like what’s happening in 1.7
  • Eh idk

0 voters