First Ever Server?

If you are reading this then I am wondering what the first server ever on blockheads was, please answer me.

1 Like

Rabbithole is probably one of the first Cloud servers.

The first multiplayer server was hosted on blockserver.net before the move to the Cloud. A little history of the Blockserver days was posted by @jemnidad and @Skeeve who would be able to give more details about those early days.

6 Likes

Most likely the first ever server was made by Dave or Zhaus to test the multiplyer feature during development. We can’t know the name of it.

3 Likes

I thought another server was first.

the first server in blockheads was “me at the zoo”

not really though

1 Like

Rabbithole was in fact one of the first servers, period. It predates the cloud and was created during 1.3. I don’t know if it was created during the Blockserver trial period, which came out right at the release of 1.3, or soon after.

The first server I ever joined, called William, was during the trial period of Blockserver.net. Blockserver.net was allowing players to create servers free of charge for a trial period of maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Or maybe it was a month. I can’t recall. Anyway, that owner was a kid and couldn’t pay so once the trial was over, that server got shut down and I looked around for other servers. Which is when I found Rabbithole and Westeros.

Bibliophile discovered a link between the seed of a world and the creation time. So, I can tell that Westeros was created on Saturday, July 20, 2013. That might make it older than Rabbithole, but I can’t date Rabbithole the same way because it was created first as a single player world and converted over to a server.

EDIT: I just did a little digging and the multiplayer release 1.3 came out on June 18, 2013. So Westeros was started one month after that. Incidentally, I renamed and repurposed Westeros to be Skylands Adventure and it’s still running.

6 Likes

Who is Zhaus?

Zhaus is the one who helped develop and support the Blockserver.net server hosting site. He helped Dave with a lot of the server side implementation.

1 Like

@Brer-Rabbit is admin in Rabbit hole :smiley:

1 Like

Hello. :wink:

1 Like

He is a rabbit after all

Not just servers! I verified this by checking single player worlds.

3 Likes

Ok then

True dat. Edited. I misused the term. Rabbithole even started as a single player world back in January, 2013. So I should have used the right word.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense.

You should still be able to use the seed to date Rabbithole. Seeds don’t change just because a world is converted from a single player world to a server…

Hey bib, is it still possible to generate the seed 1401928756 in a 16x and still have the original 1.5.1 land in it or is that out of the line because I would absolutely love to see what the original land looked like before griffin lands land was forever changed.

Because when I tried the position of the north pole changed I think.

Do poles positions change from time to time or did the seed change entirely? because the original spawned in ice and I think the new one spawned in land I think.

If you want me to further discuss this it would be best in PM

Right, but the seed date shows when it was created as a single player world (January 20, 2013) and not as a server. So the exact “server creation date” is still a bit of a mystery. Unless @white_rabbit has some email trail about the server.

1 Like

Brer doesn’t own Rabbithole. I do.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m just an admin, idk why Foil randomly brought it up that I was an admin but I went with it lol.

1 Like

lol :laughing: