Fortnite Introduces Direct Payment Option on iOS Despite Apple's App Store Review Guidelines

This Fortnite update was likely pushed out without Apple knowing.

1 Like

I’m not even surprised that this happened.

Epic Games is one of the most overly greedy companies I’ve seen.

1 Like

I guess that rolling in billions of dollars isn’t enough for Epic Games (unless they’re becoming desperate because they’re losing that money)?

1 Like

I 100% agree with you, Wumbo. From everything I’ve seen they’re just in for the money.

Holy cow…

I’m 100% certain that this was completely orchestrated and planned!

Update: Epic Games has filed a lawsuit against Apple for pulling Fortnite from the ‌App Store‌. [PDF]

Update 2: The Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite short is now available on the Fortnite YouTube channel, encouraging people to “join the fight to stop 2020 from becoming 1984.” The ad is also available in Fortnite.

Epic Games has also created an FAQ explaining the lawsuit it has filed against Apple and why ‌iPhone‌ and ‌iPad‌ users can’t access the Fortnite app.

This will be interesting. Not sure if breaking terms of use and getting the expected response is something you can really beat, but you never know until you try.

Well, Apple is under an extreme amount of political scrutiny right now, so this could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Epic Games was in violation of this guideline.

In other news, Spotify has sided with Epic Games.

Hmm… what do we-

What in the name of MajicDave is going on?

Update: Epic Games has also levied a lawsuit against Google for removing Fortnite from the Google Play Store.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, it appears that Samsung has also removed Fortnite from their app store. There is no doubt that Epic Games planned this with very obvious intentions.

In the most pathetic way, they’re screaming “monopoly” again (Google is definitely a monopoly, but the way Epic games went about it was just ridiculous)! :joy:

Epic’s complaint against Google focuses on that company’s now-infamous “Don’t Be Evil” mantra. “Twenty-two years later, Google has relegated its motto to nearly an afterthought,” the complaint alleges, “and is using its size to do evil upon competitors, innovators, customers, and users in a slew of markets it has grown to monopolize.”

Here is the legal papers regarding Epic’s suit against Apple. I recommend at least skimming through it if you are interested in the nature of Epic’s allegations.

At minimum I want to quote this massive eye roll from the document:

But for Apple’s illegal restraints, Epic would provide a competing app store on iOS devices, which would allow iOS users to download apps in an innovative, curated store and would provide users the choice to use Epic’s or another third-party’s in-app payment processing tool.

No Epic, Apple owns iOS, if they don’t want you to run a store on their platform, then you ain’t gonna.

I wanted to share this rant with you guys.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.33.15 PM

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 10.34.30 PM

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 7.52.42 AM
(Tim Sweeney is the CEO of Epic Games)

Things are beginning to get juicy!

Here is a timeline of the whole situation.

It’s the Spotify situation all over again. Think of it like paying your HST / CST Tax when you buy something.

Seems kinda silly to me, Epic is taking action against Apple for ‘monopolizing’ their own platform.

1 Like

I don’t know any of the executives of the company but they seem to love having control.

It’s because iPhone players won’t get to play Fortnite anymore
Samsung: evil laughter they will be forced to play on Android! Hahahahaha

5 Likes

Bruh… Just a bit back, Apple had Facebook Gaming launch with no games, because Apple keeps getting butthurt over the smallest things.

Apple banned Fortnite because the game was making in store purchases 30% off if you directly paid the game

1 Like