Guide To Hacked/Pirated Time Crystals

What are they?
They are just like any other time crystals you meditate but hackers have found a way to mess with the coding and found a way to to pick these TCs up and mass duplicate them. (But let’s not get too detailed with that).
These are not the same as the TC unknowns.

What do they look like?

Why are they so “popular”?
Just like when you pick up meditated TCs, they increase your TC count. These TCs that are hacked/pirated are the same. When you drop these TCs onto the ground and pick them up, they add to your TC count. They are items you can store in your inventory/safes/chests. In terms of lag and corruption of the servers, these hacked/pirated TCs cause is unknown.

Why are they bad?
Duping/hacking/pirating TCs is bad. Why? Because it is stealing income from Dave. Dave works hard to make Blockheads a better and awesome place for us players. Stealing income from such an amazing developer is wrong. TCs, as well as other features, are the only source of income for Majic Jungle – if everyone were to start duping TCs, Majic Jungle would no longer be able to pay to keep cloud servers open and The Blockheads would die; obviously, this is the worst case scenario but you get the point.

“TCs are used to pay for cloud worlds. To provide cloud worlds we pay real-world money. The increase in cloud worlds since TC pirating came to the fore has been large, and thus our expenses have grown a great deal. It’s not about greed on our part. It’s about ensuring the game remains viable. If expenses grow too much faster than the income the game will be more likely to lose online support, and thus everyone misses out”.
- Milla
Community Manager of The Blockheads

What to do if you find them?
Do not drop them and pick them up from the ground. Keep them in their storage. Dispose of the chest/safe/basket in lava.

What to do if you have already used hacked/pirated TCs?
Teleport everywhere. Use the TCs up by rushing things. You can also make lots of portals and chuck them into lava as well.

What not to do when you have used hacked/pirated TCs:
Never ever use them to make cloud servers or to add credit. As mentioned above, this is the worst you can do with hacked time crystals.

What to do if you find a player who has/is hacking/pirated/duping TCs:
Do your part, educate them. Enforce your rules on your servers and take necessary actions.

Any improvements/suggestions for this guide is welcome.
Thank you to those who have helped out.

For those of you who are out there trying to educate players on the hacked TCs crisis, I have made a TinyURL link that directs players to this page. Here is the link: https://tinyurl.com/hackedtimecrystals

Note: As of 1.7 update, hacked time crystals will no longer be an issue

27 Likes

Just a small point: It’s not just about income for Majic Jungle. It’s also about adding to our expenses. TCs are used to pay for cloud worlds. To provide cloud worlds we pay real world money. The increase in cloud worlds since TC pirating came to the fore has been large, and thus our expenses have grown a great deal. It’s not about greed on our part. It’s about ensuring the game remains viable. If expenses grow too much faster than income the game will be more likely to lose online support, and thus everyone misses out.

7 Likes

Alrighty, thanks for making it clear. I have added that onto the guide.

Thank you, I shall also quote Milla when players come to the worlds I play at (where they ask or bring in such items) Excellent post Jimmeh… :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thank you Caron :smiley:

I wish Dave could add a little cross checking to see when a server is created whether or not the TC is legit. I know this is not easy because of the numerous ways to get TC legitimately. Perhaps if there was a new option to actually pay for in the game, similar to HD and double time. To start any server you have to purchase this option. It might slow down the random server creations happening. The cloud has become a glut of servers by owners that probably shouldn’t have ever started a world in the first place. They may get the initial startup cost but quickly run out of credit and start begging players on other servers to come help. Makes me miss blockserver.net. But I’ll stop ranting now.

But as mentioned, do not resort to using pirated TC to start or run your server. If you can’t afford the TC costs, just hold off and devote your time to other owner’s servers that can.

It certainly would limit random server creations but… For parents who don’t like their children spending money on games, this would be a bad idea.

1 Like

I love that idea. Hackers (probably, and if some only a few) can’t get through that.
Anyway… great guide, Smeegle! Also, what are these hacked, pick-up-able* TC called? Just ‘Time Crystals’?

I don’t think they have an official name but people refer to them as Hacked/Pirated Time Crystals or TCs

There is no way to differentiate between the TCs once they’ve been added to someone’s TC count.

O.o I did not know that! I added that there [emoji1]
Thank you Milla

Where are the “counterfeit crystals” coming from? I’m not tempted to do it or look up a guide, but is it a server glitch or a full-out hack?

Someone has hacked them into the game, and I suspect the originals have been duped from there on in.

This is one big mess. I cannot fathom (not do I want to be able to, as that would put me into their frame of mind) why some people would wish to ruin a game for everyone else.

Easy. Free awesome and ignorance of the consequences.

They think they’re cheating, not stealing. Cheating just means that they didn’t earn it, but if we tell them that they’re stealing, they know that they’re actually causing real damage by making it difficult to afford server space.

Probably the same sort of people who egg cars and throw rocks at letterboxes.

Have you seen the article about the “senior prank” that involved chopping down trees next to the school?

Just call 'em “Crime Crystals”:wink:

7 Likes

I love that idea and fully support it.

1 Like

I concur