Has the game changed? Do you still like the Blockheads? and more, all in one thread of polls :)

Here’s a short little survey about how much fun you still get from the Blockheads :slight_smile:
Pick honestly, take your time, and do it twice. Most importantly, enjoy!

1: How many hours in a week do you play the Blockheads? If you play less than an hour a week pick 1. (For scale, people who consistently play Fortnite every day and considers themselves a Fortnite player usually play around 8-15 hours a week)

0 voters

1.5: If you felt that the choice you picked was low, is it because you don’t like the game that much or is it because you don’t have time?

• It’s because I don’t enjoy the game that much…
  • It’s because other games are more entertaining than the Blockheads
  • It’s because I don’t have enough time since I play other games so much
  • It’s because I don’t have enough time to play video games in my schedule

0 voters

2: Do you spend more time on the forums or the game?

• The forums
  • The game
  • I spent about the same time on both

0 voters

3: Do you enjoy the game as much as you used to?

• Yes, I love the game just as I used to
  • No, I don’t like the game as much as I used to
  • Yes, I dislike the game just as much as ever
  • No, I dislike the game more than I used to
  • Yes, I like the game more than I used to (pick this option if you previously disliked the Blockheads)

0 voters

4: Do you play because of friends, or because you enjoy the content of the game?

• I play mainly because of my friends
  • I play mainly because of the content
  • I play for both reasons

0 voters

5: Do you think the game used to be better in terms of content AND community?

• Strongly agree
  • Agree
  • Disagree
  • Strongly disagree

0 voters

5.5: If you picked strongly agree or agree, which version of the game did you like best?

0 voters

5.75: Which features existed that are now not as good or don’t exist anymore do you miss?

• Hacking, it made the game feel more free to do what you want
  • Hacking
  • Duping, it let more creative servers be made such as freebuild or pvp where everyone has the same advantage and only skill matters (1.0-1.5, because no custom rules)
  • Duping, it made the game feel more uncontrollable and community driven (1.0-1.6)
  • Bugs in the game that were sort of fun features (embedded lights, flying boats)
  • Bugs in the game that were not fun features and ruined gameplay for others or were exploits
  • The community (forums)
  • The community (nonforums)
  • TC server credit
  • Using TC to make buildings (using doors or trapdoors to extend TC blocks)

0 voters

6: Do you feel in any way that you have outgrown the game because of you as a person?

• Yes
  • No
  • No, I have changed as a person but I still like the game
  • No, I think the game has changed and it isn’t me that has changed as a person

0 voters

7: Bonus question: Do you think the forums used to be better (style)?

• Yes, I liked the UI
  • Yes, I liked reputation
  • No, I like the current UI
  • No, I like the likes feature

0 voters

7: Bonus question: Do you think that the community on the forums used to be generally more positive, more mature, and less toxic, etc?

• Yes
  • No
  • No, the current community is more positive, more mature, and less toxic, etc
  • Mixed

0 voters

Thanks for answering!

I honestly feel like the forums is dying very quick. It’s slowly becoming more toxic, either by threads (you know which thread) or by users.

Where the I don’t have the game installed option ;-;

I enjoy the game for trolling and building.

To be honest the game i have started not playing a lot. i believe i picked 3 because i may play for some time but it is random now. back in 1.5.1 i played non-stop until probably the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016 i think. from there on out my activity started slumping slowly.

Now its just barely at all sometimes.

I think in my opinion 1.5 was the best for its time and the friends i made. honestly i do miss duping but i know its not right.

I joined the forum in 2016 so i didn’t really be here although me using my killerender accounts for a thing or too.

For some reason i wanted milla to hear about something like maybe a support id change but that was back when i was a kid.

Why though?

It’s hilarious.

I just like watching their response. I guess I have a dark and twisted sense of humour.

How do I like a post twice

This is my first time on the Forums but I still voted the best I could.
As for the game I still love it… but I’m Disappointed that I can’t join any servers :sob:

It feels like the only thing keeping me from drifting away from the game is the forums

I’ve pretty much grown out of blockheads. The longer you play it the less time you spend on it. At least that’s what I believe. I tend to observe that people that are newer to the game are more addicted. As a matter of fact, this does not imply to all players. I love the forums community, even though sometimes there are a few bad things… Not going to lie, all the time there is bad things. But what doesn’t these days? Everything has bad things. Everything has an imperfection, success happens due to accidents and luck. The reason I enjoy the community is that the forums are like a city. And the game, blockheads, is more like a country. Every country and city has terrible things, terrible changes, terrible people. Once you move into a new city or country, you will start to get used to it and create memories in it. But these memories won’t last forever, sometimes you will have to go to another city or country. And once you come back, the memories give you the feels. The only thing we can change is our perspective. And once we change our perspective for the better, we can live on and help each other grow. I won’t be leaving the blockheads or forums anytime soon (Unless I die or an emergency happens). But I am starting to play fewer blockheads. The only times I play blockheads is when I help/troll servers and record footage in my single player world.

This is very, complicated…

I don’t play the game as much anymore, because I recently lost ambitions and motivation… I always abandon my projects, either halfway or not started at all… I feel like it just has no sense anymore.

Many of my friends left, because of the TC change. Yes, I myself like the change, but their servers depended on it. A whole roleplay community died out because of both; anime servers (they took over the other roleplay servers) and TC change. There are still some servers alive, but they have little to no players, and the players are just always the same people.

I recently started a project, a roleplay server, which was supposed to be about a story I was going to write. I don’t know anymore if I’m going to write anything, I feel like I just don’t have the time to, but I have plenty of time. I just can’t get anything done.

The forums changed, as well. I don’t know, the atmosphere is just different.

My iPad mini has also been acting up lately, it won’t charge (got a new charger now, gotta try it out) and it’s extremely slow.

I just don’t have the motivation anymore, but I am trying to gain some. I miss the game, and I miss the good times me and my friends had there.

I must say that this was a rather poetic post, Foil. It has given me

Also, it voices things awesomely.

(not to say Fading’s didn’t too, but theirs felt more like a list as opposed to an extended metaphor)

I think the game’s community has ground to a halt recently.

There seems to be little in terms of major Blockhead server projects, and not just not much action in the server community in general. It just seems that nobody has neither the time or motivation to push through a big interesting server that could stir up the community. Remember, in the argument over the credit change we all kept saying that few high quality servers was preferable the the tc hacking chaos of before? Well no offense to anyone, but those few high-quality servers simply have not emerged, and frankly if they don’t relativly soon, then the multiplayer community will be totally dead.

Another thing is that I think a lot of people didn’t realize that the new server costs are actually cheaper than the previous tc
Credits in terms of real cash and kinda just abandoned ship on their servers which really hurts the community.

But I think thing the most major thing thing is this, the Blockheads is a simple game, and even 1.7 couldn’t produce more than a weeks worth of content in terms of single player. So eventually we get bored of it, we disappear until the spark reignites, but still the flint can only be used so many times before it runs out. Unless new challenges are added, 2 playthroughs can end up largely similar, and this due the the very liner progression created by the tier system of workbenches. There really isn’t much of any end goal either, it is get to the electric stuff and get bored until you start a new world.

So simply put, and someone gets creative and puts a new spin on things, we got a big problem on our hands.

PS: I can’t play vanilla Minecraft anymore either, I find it too boring for me, though I still love modded Minecraft, which makes me a firm beliver that having a modding community, especially in a sandbox game, can make or break a game.

@TheFoil has to be the best writer ever.

Thanks to the free app I downloaded called grammarly. Without it, it would be very bad. You all should give it a try and everyone can become Shakespeare :joy:

I heard of it. Will do so :slight_smile:

I think those players planning major projects are desperately waiting for the bugfixes to make the game enjoyable again before they invest money and time.

I agree with Ronnie. The lag on my flagship server has pretty much killed all the excitement around handcar racing and the player base has diminished so much that now I can’t even race anyone on a shark or a unicorn.

@Titan I was confused how to answer the question about what features are now not as good, but basically the current bugs in 1.7 are making the game less fun than before.