Help with dodo farming

In the beginning, I kept a few dodos on empty land. They died. I was told they need red fruits to eat. So I planted many apple trees in the area. The dodos were very happy with the arrangement, randomly turning into either pieces of raw meat or eggs.

One day some of my apple trees started dying off. Why does this happen and what can I do to prevent it?

It happens naturally! Some apple trees will start to grow if you leave some apples on the trees, but it might be a good idea to plant some if you want to have a decent sized dodo farm.

How do you get/find dodos?

They walk around randomly in some areas. But I’m still wondering how to farm them? That is…I can move my donkeys wherever I want. I can’t control the dodo’s movements easily though. What have others done who have a dodo farm?

So there’s a chance another apple tree might take its place if I leave apples on the trees? Not a sure thing, then? I think it should be a sure thing… And just having apple trees is enough for the dodos to feed, right? I don’t have to pick the apples and throw them onto the ground?

I just put two door between the area I’m designating as a dodo farm/apple plantation. And I also add a few wooden blocks above the doors just to make sure they can’t jump over. Not sure if they can do that, but it’s just a precaution that I took.

You can prune your apple trees to stop them dying (I think - it seems to work for me) by chopping off the top of the tree before it reaches maximum height, the leaves will grow back in a few days.

Dodos can’t jump more than one block.
Your door is safe.

Dodos, at least in my experience, tend to lay more eggs if you have more apple trees. I have over fifty apple trees planted and in springtime I get a lot of eggs. You have to leave some of the eggs so that the dodos don’t die out. To keep your apple trees alive, set aside some apple when you pick them to plant. After you have all of the apples, plant them for new trees so you always have a nice supply of apple trees.

Dodos spawn where there are cherry trees. Better plant cherry trees if you want more dodos.

I’m sorry. I meant apple trees.

What size and/or height is maximum?

The way i under stand it is every time a dodo walks past a tree it uses up 1 point of a maximum amount say 50, when it gets to 50 that’s when it (the apple tree) dies

:smiley:

You can prune your apple trees to stop them dying (I think - it seems to work for me) by chopping off the top of the tree before it reaches maximum height, the leaves will grow back in a few days.
thanks
I had trouble wit mango trees dying
Thanks for saying dodos eat red food

Dodos are spawned quite well with apple trees.

Basically, if you live in a snowy region, there should be dodos , and adult dodos lay eggs , so you collect the eggs and put them in a place where you want to have dodos, leave them alone for a few (blockhead) days , and they will hatch . And that Is how you achieve starting a dodo “farm”

Not just snowy regions, although that is where you can find lots of apple trees. Basically, wherever there’s apple trees, you can count on finding dodos. And yes, dodo eggs work very well, although apple trees work better in that you don’t have to keep placing eggs.

Probably you can make a compost ground,where trees and plants grow faster,and wait until the dodos spawn naturally,or get some eggs and wait for them to hatch. If you dont want your dodos to die,you should make a 20-30 blocks terrain. It worked for me! Hope this helps. Craft-

Wait, did you just BUMPED the thread???

Tapatalk! Tapatalk! TAPATALK!!!

It doesn’t matter if the person who bumped the thread has posted a usefull comment there.