How do you get a "title" under your name?

I was wondering how you get a title for your name. Like how TheBest1Ever’s name has “Legoaholic”

I just wanted to know!

1 Like

I believe you need to be a beta tester or a very well known member of the community to get a custom title.

1 Like

Ah ok thanks!

(So I have to be like you? haha)

2 Likes

It used to be anyone could put a custom title beneath their username, but that got disabled due to people putting personal information.

Nowadays you’d need TL3 (Regular or Beta Tester), TL4 (Forum administrator, pretty much), or be recognized for significant contribution to the community.

4 Likes

Wat? As far back as May 2014 it was beta testers + special recognition only. That was even before the forum was on Discourse.

In the vBulletin days there were more standard titles than just “Regular” and “Beta Tester”, but users couldn’t pick whatever they wanted.

3 Likes

When I joined (I think it must’ve been a little bit after the migration), it was possible to place a custom title underneath your name by filling out a box in Preferences.

I distinctly remember “Sapient Fungal Mass” (or some such similar derivative) appearing beneath my username for a while. I’m nobody special, and I’m definitely not sufficiently active to be a Regular. :stuck_out_tongue:

So nothing vaguely like what I’m describing seems to exist in Preferences any more, but I swear it did.

3 Likes

can we petition to give this title to you? that’s a cool title lol

Are you talking about the full name thing?

I’m active but I don’t post so much, I look at the forums multiple times a day…

2 Likes

Another factor could be that I don’t have too much of a tendency to throw around likes, which would appear to be a pretty major component of being a Regular.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true, most of the time I forget the like button is there…

2 Likes

Wumbojumbo is a beta tester???

1 Like

Anyone who meets the requirements for trust level 3 (Regular) can choose regular as their title. You don’t have to be a beta tester for that.

2 Likes

Being a beta tester or recognized for contribution specifically grant potentially unique titles.

Regular just gives you the Regular title.

1 Like