Immaturity in the blockheads

I find it strange that so many adults play the blockheads. I thought that these games were meant for kids and were targeted towards kids. I didn’t know that so many adults have nothing better to do than play childrens games. I thought that adults had better things to do like working. It seems a lot of adults must not have matured past the age of 18 if they are still doing such activities. But who knows, maybe they just have a job not requiring much responsibilty or maybe they just don’t have a job at all.

Just because adults have jobs and sometimes kids to deal with, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they can’t play video games or are too mature for them.

Seems odd that an adult has the time to waste

I thought that kids had better things to do like going to school and studying.

By the way, Dave made blockheads for his ADULT wife. :slight_smile:

Daves wife was an adult who made the game for kids and kids dont have to study until high school C:

Dave’s wife didn’t make the game… Dave did, for her. Lol.

You shouldn’t be judging people by their likes in games. Just let adults do what they wanna do-I’m a TEEN and I still play. (Which is obvious, since you have to be a teen to register onto the forums) What you call “immaturity” isn’t right. No offense, but what I think is called being immature is how you’re telling people how they should live their lives according to your style, and how you’re stereotyping adults.

From the Lego Movie:

The Man Upstairs: You know the rules, this isn’t a toy!
Finn: Um… it kind of is.
The Man Upstairs: No, actually it’s a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system.
Finn: But we bought it at the toy store.
The Man Upstairs: We did, but the way I’m using it makes it an adult thing.
Finn: The box for this one said “Ages 8 to 14”!
The Man Upstairs: That’s a suggestion. They have to put that on there.

I find it strange that you can’t wrap your head around the fact that blockheads can be enjoyed by all ages. Believe it or not, adults can work, lead productive lives AND play this game. Just like kids can go to school, do other activities AND play this game. Isn’t it lucky that we are all extremely talented?

You don’t think adults need to relax, unwind, and enjoy themselves? The Blockheads can be very enjoyable and relaxing. Adults need to play and relax as much as children. Besides, this game was designed for the adult female gaming market. Not kids.

Moved from off-topic to GD as it’s about the game.

Now, I’d like to make sure everyone knows this is directed at the original poster of this. While I generally desire to be polite, a statement like this is something I desire to pick apart.

1: Adults don’t have the time.

Have you ever gone to a restaurant, and what do you see? People of all ages, right? While the sandbox nature may be reminiscent of a game such as Minecraft, neither game specifically was targeted by kids, but instead picked up a large community of younger people who gave it the sort of “kids game” feel. The reason I mention the restaurant is that people simply enjoy their food and take their time, they have time to spare and they enjoy it. It’s no different than The Blockheads, it’s a good place to spend time for many, and that reality doesn’t change based on age.

2: These adults are immature.

As stated in the last portion, this is simply one of many ways people spend their time. I could state you complaining about immaturity because it’s a “kids game” is immature, but I won’t because I have nothing backing that claim. Ultimately, The Blockheads is an enjoyable sandbox game, and age shouldn’t define if someone is too old to enjoy something.

Ending

To summarize, The Blockheads is a game suitable for all ages, and while it does indeed have a high population of children and younger people, that doesn’t mean the game was made for that age range.

Never have I seen a top age limit for the blockheads :joy: In my experiance many of the adults I know in this community are the ones who bring people back on track on topics and often offer perspective in both in game and in forum topics. I think there is a beauty in the fact that such a wide demogroahic can be enjoyed by many amd often for many years. Something we should be totally proud of in fact!

I myself started playing when I was a teen and even now find myself enjoying the game. Though it is true (like I am finding now) it can be hard to priotise the game with other responsibilites. Growing up, often you will find yourself returning to such a enjoyable and creative game.

I am sure you are not meaning too. But your original post seems to be quite targeting at a large (often larger than you realise) percentage of the community. If others are finding enjoyment in a similar interest to you. Why would you feel such a need to be so aggresive. Consider: I have often read posts where members have felt lonely or isolated in their lives. And to me I think its great that all of us have this game in common that we love. Critizing a adult for making time in their lives for some fun time is truly hilarious. Everyone child, teen and adult alike need time to enjoy for themselves. I can think of far worse outlets than blockheads :joy::see_no_evil:

(Added:side note I sure hope people are learning and studying before high school😂)

Remember peeps always make time in your life for the things you enjoy. Humans are not made to work work work! Contray to what some may wish for you to believe :tongue:

Wait this game is designed for females? Ok I found out why I dont like this game anymore

I think you’re missing the point, anyone can play Blockheads whether it be singleplayer for the younger children or multiplayer.

Silly me. I do not see why enjoyment should be difined wether it was “designed” for a female or male. :joy::joy:

What a limiting life one must lead to be hindered by such sexist backwards mentality.

Welp, I’ll just say that playing games isn’t inmature.

What is immature is playing them irresponsibly.

Version 1.0 was designed with Dave’s wife’s wishes in mind. I believe after that it took a life of its own and Dave added what he thought was cool, handcars, mainly. And pizza ovens.

You can’t go one post without mentioning that :stuck_out_tongue:

True. Very immature of me. :stuck_out_tongue: