Immaturity in the blockheads

Not all adults have jobs, either.

I have PTSD, so I can’t work.

I find the Blockheads calming and enjoy playing.

Not all mums work. There are stay at home mums/parents. We work, raising the children, cleaning up around the house, feeding animals and running errands. When I’m not busy I like to jump online blockheads, expert survival, talk to my friends that I have made in game, and I like to breed animals!
We are ALL big kids, stuck in adult bodies. :slight_smile:
You don’t stop having fun, just because you grow up.

If you catch me playing pepper pig paint box while my kids are at school, THEN, and only then, should you be worried :joy::joy::joy:

Alright you hit 2 terrible things now. Another statement appears to be in order.

At this point, I’m assuming you’re a troll of sorts, but in case you aren’t.

1. Designed for females: The Blockheads was not designed for females, it was designed for everyone. While it was literally made for Dave’s wife, many of the business practices and large amount of generosity are extremely community friendly. Saying that this is a game for woman is like saying a salad is only for women, it isn’t, and it’s ultimately great for everyone. Such a view that it’s simply for women and that’s why it’s bad is terrible, seriously.

2. “So that’s why I don’t like it.”: That’s an incredibly “odd” reason to say for lack of a better word. If you don’t like Blockheads, that’s not my job to change how you feel about that, but the supposed purpose for women is a frankly disgusting reason to use.

Ending

Not much else to say, just please don’t.

Funnily enough, it was designed to the specifications of an adult female, and since then it has evolved, as thousands of gamers have expressed their wishes for the game, and updates have been released. If you don’t like the game, then don’t play it. Nobody is making you do so.

For the record, most of the games I’ve played in my life have been designed for 18 to 24 year old males, and I’m middle-aged woman who has been playing them since her late 20s. It’s very unrealistic to expect every game to suit everyone, or for any game to be so pigeonholed that only one demographic will enjoy it.

Games are made by adults, and most are aimed at adults, but many are enjoyed by diverse groups of people.

By the way, your posts have so far been pretty unpleasant. Pull your head in, please.

Not gonna lie, I had a completely different idea of what this thread would be (when I saw the title).

Bruv, if adults didn’t have free time, they’d either be stressed out of their mind or job robots.
Idk where you live, but where I live, adults don’t have 16 hour work shifts. :joy::joy:

Why are you still playing if you don’t enjoy it? If you don’t like it, you can just stop playing it. Also, if games were not for adults, why do they have a rated M for mature audiences. Mature audiences meaning 18+. I believe 18 is the age of adulthood.

I am a mother of a 18 month child and I also work. When my daughter is in bed and I’m relaxing after a day at work I like to put my feet up, watch a bit of tv, my husband and I game. He plays some war game and I like simulation games.
I have been playing simulation games since you were just a glint in your fathers eye, 1990’s-present.
Honestly, I was amazed that children are allowed to play this game considering how addictive it is, but you mustn’t be busy learning, growing and playing outdoors like normal children are meant to be. (Directed at OP)

I don’t have a problem with you playing my sort of game, - so what is your problem?
Time to grow up!

MGN Redeagle is a big person in the community. He’s an adult.
@Raidmaster
And in Minecraft, there are many adults some for uh, questionable reasons. But lots of adults play Minecraft. Paulsoursjr plays Minecraft, he has a job other than YouTuber and has a family with children. He enjoys playing with his children. Adults make Minecraft servers for the fun of it.

I just read this and was like, “Oh poor sweet child. The over 18s are coming to debunk your everything.”

I’m not over 18 myself, but it still sort of annoys me when this kind of subject comes up. Is there some sort of idea in kids’s heads that once you’re an adult you don’t ever want to have fun again?

If you’re talking about American high school, I can’t really give an opinion on that, since I’m Scottish, but i’m sure one of our friends from the other side of the pond can.

On the other hand, if you are referring to British high school (aka secondary school), this is when it started to be called studying, but I can remember tests from as early as P2.

@INeedPie In the US, you are expected to study in order to do well on tests or exams in all grades, but some kids can get away without studying until 6th grade to about 9th grade (around 11-15 years old). I haven’t started studying until 9th grade, yet everyone moves at their own given pace. I don’t understand Addheujeind’s point? I don’t mean to sound rude by saying that in any way at all.

I don’t study because I don’t have time

@Pluvium I think what they meant was that since kids apparently don’t have to study (I think Thu made this point, not sure) they would have more free time?

The amount of study required dosnt amount to the level of maturity one has.
You can have a PhD, but still be immature. :worried:
Strive to be the best!
Treat others how you would like them to treat you!

@INeedPie, I never said that kids don’t need to study. I would never say something so clueless. Making wild generalization like that are absurd. If someone wants to make a point using themselves as an example, then fine. But assuming that you know everything about everyone else’s work and study habits is ridiculous.

You can easily see what I said by scrolling up. I don’t like being associated with statements that I absolutely don’t agree with.

Sorry, read that post over and realised it’s wrong. What I meant is this part-

Meaning that you pointed out that you can study or work as well as playing.

I think I need to work on my wording.

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face: I didn’t mean for that to sound like an attack on you at all. I think we agree.

I feel strongly about my point because I’m a staunch advocate for hard work and taking academics seriously at any age. Stating that kids don’t have to study prior to high school is a irresponsible statement to make. A statement like that can potentially make kids feel bad who study hard or find their school work challenging (even if they aren’t in HS). Not every kid is the same and school curriculums and workloads are VASTLY different.

Poor snowflake doesn’t have to study. Kids don’t have to study sweetheart. You don’t need good grades to get a job and not be homeless. You don’t have to work. You can live with me.

I was trying to replicate an overprotective mother telling her “special snowflake” that they don’t have to study.
I find it stupid that there are actually people in the world that are like this.

I agree. Once my kids got to the age of being able to feed and dress themselves, I found that I had more free time than they did. They had homework starting in elementary school. And sports, and music lessons…it just all piles up. I feel that some kids are quite overscheduled and I feel bad for them. They don’t have time to actually BE KIDS.

@WooHooGaming13 if I may, you might try using

a quote block

to help your first statement stand out as being something other than your own words. That would have helped the clarity, which you clearly clarified in the 2nd paragraph. :slight_smile:

I don’t think we had as much homework when we were kids. We went outside after school and played until dark or dinner. After dinner we did our homework but I don’t remember it taking more than an hour. Most of that was just reading. I do think we over schedule our kids today and it is causing an epidemic of anxiety and stress among children.
Kids brains are not developed enough to handle stress like adults can. The part of the brain that controls the frontal lobe while under stress doesn’t fully develop until around 24. Many don’t know how to deal with the stress and start having major issues. There are many studies that have been done on this subject but change is slow to happen when politics are involved in education.
If anyone is having stress talk to someone. Get the help you need. There are techniques you can learn to manage your stress. Blockheads is one of the ways I manage my stressful job. Some days after work I just need to mine! After an hour or so of mining I am ready to sweep the floor and make dinner.