You can patch the 1.7.6 APK to get rid of the white screen bug and partially fix the welcome message crash (it’ll just disable the webview completely): https://github.com/juanmuscaria/blockheads-patch
What I’ve figured out so far:
Regarding all versions of the game that are available to download (tested on Noodlecake’s 1.7.6 and APKMirror’s 1.7.5):
- Multiplayer works, but your game may freeze if you are on Android 8 or above upon loading the welcome message.
- If you’re on Android 8 or above, then spamming the back button before the welcome message loads should allow the world to load.
- Restoring Double-Time works correctly if you’ve bought it before.
Regarding the current version of the game:
- Both the Google Play version and the Noodlecake updated version suffer from the white startup screen bug. Check above for a solution for this.
- The updated 1.7.6 APK from Noodlecake is still available here:
- If it ever gets taken down, it is available on the Wayback Machine here: http://web.archive.org/web/20210325063835/https://noodlecake.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/theblockheads1.7.6.apk
Regarding previous versions of the game:
- Version 1.7.5 and lower don’t seem to suffer from the white startup screen bug.
- Previous and the current versions of the game down to 1.7.3 are available at APKMirror - questions regarding the safety and security of these APKs are answered here: https://www.apkmirror.com/faq/#Safety_and_Security