It's time for another 1.7 spoiler! Meet Polly!

Ooh! Can’t wait to see what else 1.7 will bring!

Hehe, I hope we can make donkeys pets… :smiling_imp:

Wow…
Haha, yeah that’ll be nice thing to have. :slight_smile:

More names for the donkeys on Horse Power-
Jammy
Cheesepuff
Piepie
Lila
Amy
Sandy
Santiago
Madison
Mandy
Sami
Perry
Nala
Simba
Equine (get this one?)
Seeta
Harry
Hari
Carrots
Rhino

You’re gonna name a dodo intergral ? Okay :slight_smile:

Also welcome back blockhead hype train, it’s been years since I’ve last been on it!

Did anyone notice the fence at the side of the picture though >_>

I was literally just looking up the latest stuff the other day. Almost lost hope on this game in the last month or so. As long as Dave is still going at it I am happy.

Wow, I must say, this isn’t quite what I was expecting, but when I told my daughter she got so excited that now I am too. :smiley:

Thanks! It’s my first time on it and I even was the first on!

Animal gaming…

…come to think of it that looks just like the names above blockheads…

Wait a second I just thought of something…
Maybe you can play as a dodo!?!?!?!

The color picker…

…purpleish gray dodos…

…that you can play as

@Diamond_knight you’ve just opened a whole new world of imagination…

Or even better you could assign dodos tasks now. Maybe even swarm another player if they come at you. Attack dodos

oh!

cant wait for Derpy the troll

oh and dave can we name fruits too please? dont forget the fruits. or rather dont forget any item in blockheads cuz i am in urgent need for a more fashionable name for my clothes store like “strawberry vintage coat” instead of “linen coat”

you know : D

WAIT
@majicDave if there is jeb_ the sheep… so can we have dave_ the dodo (please please please) heheheeh

Fences… Naming dodo birds…

I like it :smile:

So… as speculation abounds - I wonder:

If you put a name on a creature - does that mean it no longer dies of natural causes?
Can it, in fact, die at all? (i.e., by being attacked by another blockhead)
Is there a limit to how many creatures you can name? (Concern: Lots of named creatures putting a strain on the computational power required to track moving objects. Translation: LAG)

Did anybody say we can name the dodos? (Or any other creature?) The names might be given randomly… For example animals within a fence might be considered domestic animals and given random names by the game.
Its seems a bit hard to imagine how to name an animal. How do you select the animal? By tapping it obviously. Does that mean we can’t kill them with bare hands anymore?

This introduces one problem that reminds me of a mathematician joke:

I think that gets the point across. :wink: And, while you could define the smaller of the two possibilities as “inside”, there would still be issues with stray fences that do not enclose anything but have decorative purposes or whatever. All in all, I doubt that’s how it works.

Of course Ronnie is correct - it very well could be a game-generated name.
However, I don’t think that there’s much fun in a having a pet you can’t name. It’s nice and all - but I have seen emotional attachments to present game donkeys where people have actually built memorials - dedicated to the name they have chosen.

So, my educated guess and it’s still an assumption is that you can indeed name the dodo.
Which brings up the question Ronnie mentioned - how do you select a dodo for naming rather than killing with your bare hands? I believe that’s where the fence comes in. And perhaps I’ve answered my own question:
Perhaps - fences render creatures unselectable. (except for naming).

Of course, it could be way more complex than that… we’ll just have to see.

Perhaps there is a naming tool dave didnt tell us about. :wink:

Not to be a party pooper, but what would be the point of this? How exactly is this useful?

@zitro aren’t you bored? I’ll played since October 19 2014 and trust me THERES been lots of updates. Not until 1.6.1 that’s where EVERYTHING went downhill and 2016 was pretty much update free… But that we know this is coming soon we’re excited!!!