Linode Outage June 2018

UPDATE: We are back up and running, thanks to zhaus and the team at a Linode. Sorry about that!

UPDATE: Zhaus has been able to connect, but not all services are available. He’s stopped those services that were running, so he can bring them back in the correct order when the time comes.

UPDATE: Power has been restored, so now we’re waiting for connectivity to come back up.

There is a power outage at Linode right now, which has taken out connectivity to their Fremont data centre, and as such our cloud is offline. I’m waiting for them to give the all clear, then I’ll get zhaus to load our services properly, if the outage has affected our boxes. Hopefully it’s only a connectivity power issue, which will mean our gear will still be tootling along as though nothing happened :slight_smile:

Bear with us!

Is the Blockheads broken?
I uninstalled blockheads
Is the cloud down?

thanks for letting us know…

Thanks Milla :tulip:
Holding on tight!!

Thanks for the advisory. I hope all goes well.

Everyone can see the status of Linode here.

Thanks for letting us know,appreciate that :grinning:

Ah shoot, hope it gets resolved soon

Just what we needed for the haters about the new server credit. :lol:

After all, this is a free game to download.

It’s 1 am in my time xd

It happened 12:30 p.m. in my time, or 4:30 a.m. UTC

Power is back. Waiting to be able to connect.

Latest status from Linode:

Ohh Thanks for the news!

Zhaus has been able to connect, but not all services are available. He’s stopped those services that were running, so he can bring them back in the correct order when the time comes. Big progress!

Do we know yet if any data is lost from the power failure?

Why did this happen? After all years it only happened in 2018? Or any last year it happened before.

Edit: oh I see it happens before 2015 but why?

Power outages happen I guess. Maybe the question we should be asking is how come we have been so lucky all this time. Haha.

Are we lucky this issue happened again 3 years ago?

I thought data centers had backup supplies of power though for situations like this.

We’re back up and running now.