Magnets

Almost everyone I know thinks that magnets are useless. Here, I will explain how they are not useless, and what they can be used for.
[B]
How do I get a magnet?
[/B]
A magnet can easily be crafted at any level metalwork bench for an iron ingot and two black sand. Also, if you mine black sand with a golden spade, there is a chance you can get a magnet if you mine enough of it.
[B]
Can I make anything with a magnet?
[/B]
Yes! You can make an electric motor, using 5 steel ingots, a magnet, and 10 copper wire at the level 2 metalwork bench.[B]

What does a magnet do?
[/B]
If you click on an iron ore block with it, you will get 5 iron ore instead of the 3 you would normally get from mining it with a pickaxe. In addition, the iron ore block does not disappear, but becomes unmined stone. [I]Also, if you use it on black sand, the black sand will be instantly mined, without using any of the magnets durability.
[/I]
[B]Can I use it on anything other than iron?
[/B]
No, you cannot. It does not work on titanium or platinum either. Here are the test results for those ores:

Platinum–Fail

Titanium–Fail

If you try to use a magnet on another ore, it will be as if you used your hand.

I need to test the magnet on platinum and titanium ore.

It’s been a while, but I finally remembered to test it. And the results are: Titanium–Fail Platinum–Fail

You can also remove black sand instanly with a magnet

Also, if you use it on black sand, the black sand will be instantly mined, without using any of the magnets durability.

It says that in the original post, but maybe I need to make the text bigger or something.

I actually only use,magnets when mining.

Amazing! I never knew this about magnets and getting more iron ore out of an iron ore block than with a pickaxe! I will definitely craft one before going on my next mining trip :smiley:

Ok I didn’t realise.

But you should put in its crafting recipe and the fact that if you mine black sand with a gold spade you might get a magnet

Wow I didnt know that, thanks a lot!! :smiley: Obviously now I will craft some magnets for my next mining trip!

I wish I knew this before

I actually did put its crafting recipe, it’s under ‘How to craft’.

I will add the info about the gold spade.

Opps sorry I missed that thanks