Microsoft’s Edge Chromium browser will launch on January 15th with a new logo and many new features

To put it simply, Microsoft Edge will soon be rebuilt to run on Chromium.

Old logo

New logo

I highly recommend that you watch this video by Microsoft if you’re interested.

I also highly recommend that you watch these videos too.

The new Microsoft Edge browser might not be fully fledged on launch. Please watch the video below for more information.

Here’s another video that I highly recommend you watch.

2 Likes

Chromium is a really good starting point. The browser I use, Brave, is based on it, and it’s fast and has plenty of custom options. Chromium is has lots of extensions available, and seems to be robust.

Edit: https://www.cloudwards.net/brave-review/ - links to Chromium review in-text.

Yeah, hopefully Microsoft Edge will recover in terms of market share. It only has 2.05% market share, which is on par with its older brother.

To be honest, whenever I’ve used Windows I only made use of the native browser once, to download my browser of choice.

That’s the only reason why anybody has ever used Microsoft Edge. There are tons of memes about it.

Here’s one as an example.

4 Likes

Yeah, there were actually memes about this back in the Win95 days, though we didn’t call them that then, since nobody had converted Dawkins’s word over to internet virality-speak at that stage.

3 Likes

Edge (the one I use for the Blockheads Forums) will be more demanding. I should buy an unused 10-year-old computer (that has at least Core i5-7/Phenom II X2-4 with 4-8gb of RAM) to get it to run without getting the CPU/RAM usage increased to high limits.

Yeah ms edge is very efficient because it was engineered to be that way. Chrome is engineered to be fast, not efficient. Firefox is the next best thing.

I would’ve said Internet Explorer, but then I realized that it’s 2019. :laughing:

I highly recommend that anybody interested should watch this video by Microsoft demoing the new Microsoft Edge.

Here are a few other videos that I highly recommend you watch if you’re interested.

The new Microsoft Edge browser might not be fully fledged on launch. Please watch the video below for more information.

Too bad ARM64 support is initially blocked due to critical bugs…

That’s unfortunate…

Here’s another video that I highly recommend you watch.

The iOS and Android version of Microsoft Edge have been updated to include the new logo and some of the new features.

One problem is that google still forces people to use chrome.

The only thing they force people to use Google Chrome for is Google Earth.

1 Like

Microsoft Edge Chromium has been officially released VIA Windows Update.