Migration to a new phone

I have not played the game in years, I only just resumed playing on my single player world but if my memory serves me well I remember I lost my previous single player when I got a new phone. I wanted to know if it is now possible to move single player worlds and my TC from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?

You can move your single player worlds using iCloud, but you’ll need to contact Milla regarding your time crystals.

I’m not aware of any iCloud functionality that backs up single player data.

My advice is to make an encrypted back up of your old phone to your computer’s hard drive, then restore that to the new phone. You will have to do a complete restore though, so I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

If you use the same Apple ID on both your multiplayer data should already be in place.

A while ago, I did an iCloud backup because I was migrating to a new device. My single player worlds were transferred over in the backup.

Dave opted not to do it after much discussion, so it must be something Apple changed about iCloud. I wouldn’t rely on it working.

Seems better than nothing though.

My point is that it’s best to state that their mileage may vary when offering that particular suggestion to people. It’s not a sure thing.

Okay, that is fair.

1 Like