New game from Majic Jungle: Ambience. Website and forums now live!

ambience

Not released yet. Will be paid (I think).

U know the releas date?

No date yet.

We haven’t made any official announcements about anything, really, except that it’s a computer game called Sapiens, and we hope to do some testing a bit later in the year.

See the latest devblog for what Dave has been working on: https://youtu.be/_jrX3NfzS9I

Latest from Dave: Devblog #27 https://youtu.be/58eBjDXCnxk

Can now wishlist it on Steam:

Will Sapiens be less computer-intensive?

Than what? ANd what do you mean when you say “computer intensive”?

As for being less demanding, then less intensive than Fortnite but higher than Roblox (I may expect a 2GHz intel Pentium or an AMD Athlon with a Radeon r300/Geforce FX Series GPU with 128MB of VRAM, around 2-3 gigabytes of storage, and maybe 2 gigabytes of RAM for 30FPS gameplay).
“Computer-Intensive” means that a game is so demanding that a superior PC to run.

You can see the requirements here:

Dave says 4 GB of RAM, but that’s not in there yet.

It is as of this morning :slight_smile: Just forgot to mention I updated it.

Say 10 and you are closer to the mark. Dave lists some tentative requirements on Steam.

Title needs to be changed, it is sapiens. Not ambience! :stuck_out_tongue:

My PC is too inferior to run Sapiens. You need over 4GB of ram and 3-4GB of GPU VRAM (I have 256MB of VRAM on my Radeon HD 7310, which is only effective for Terraria, Roblox etc.) and a multicore (usually 4 to eight cores, like the Kaby Lake i5/i7 and the Ryzen 5/7) 3.xGHz CPU (I have a dual core AMD E1-1200 with 1.4GHz, which is too sluggish to run nearly everything), effectively making it as demanding as the recommended requirements for PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds (with a quarter of the ram recommended to run the game and a third of minimum storage), even the Ten Gigabytes of Storage makes you need to buy a 256GB SSD (I have a 128GB SSD, the most inferior thing in existence).

Latest devblog with running chicken:

Game made by Majic Jungle threating the whole human evolution: Has dodos.

Game made by Majic Jungle threating specifically the early Homo Sapiens evolution: Has chickens.

Logic is fun.

Will this be another free game?

No. The game will likely cost ~$20, and targets Windows, not iOS or Android.

There’s an FAQ here: