No Time Crystal challenge

Make yourself a fresh, brand new world, whether it be 1x, 4x, 1/16x, or 1/4x. Make sure it is vanilla so you don’t get tempted to change the rules to make your life easier. Expert if you wish, however it will be much more harder than vanilla. The goal of this challenge is to make a world which you haven’t used any time crystals in it and therefore be more proud of your effort. You can mine TC blocks; but you are not allowed to use any.

5 Likes

This is a good Idea. I’m gonna try this tonight.

I assume getting more Blockheads is out of the picture since they ‘cost’ TC

2 Likes

Yep, you’re absolutely right. No portals, trade portals, portal chests, extra Blockheads, rush crafting. Double Time is allowed, however.

Feel free to use the #notcchallenge tag for posts you make that incorporate this challenge.

I’m gonna try this challenge out for myself!

1 Like

This reminds me of the old WFS (World From Scratch) challenge, with the exception that in WFS you could use the TC you mined (I don’t think you were allowed make a TP or PC though)

1 Like

how did you get a new tag?

I made a new tag.

1 Like

Been a while (3+ years in fact!), but I’ve been working on such a world myself, and the screenshots provided show pretty much what I have managed to do so far. It’s significantly easier in 1.7 due to the introduction of Job Listings, all of which are accessible through level 1 trade portals. All I had to do to get a bunch of iron/copper/tin ore was to find a cave troll and take its portal, that way I had access to a trade portal without spending any time crystals.
For now I’m trying to stock up on solar panels (for renewable electricity). Unfortunately you can’t buy limestone from trade portals (fortunately it’s basically everywhere!), but you can buy sand. So what I do in order to avoid looking for black sand is get a bunch of iron ore through job listings, craft pig iron and then use a press to make black sand. That way I can make solar panels using renewable resources.

6 Likes

Wow, great progress!
At first I was thinking ofc you can buy limestone but later realized one probably has to upgrade the portal for that.

How have you been able to leave the TC blocks alone for so long?? I don’t think I would be able to ignore them :rolleyes:

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately it requires a level 2 trade portal.

I’m saving the best for the last, so to speak :wink:

1 Like

This is basically just every android player now

I got some from liking their Facebook account though (I didn’t actually like them)

Yeah, it’s impossible for them to tell if you’ve liked one of their posts or not. They just give you the time crystals automatically (assuming you tap on the button).

Yep, I knew that so that’s why I did it, I don’t even have facebook.

Most people don’t nowadays… :lol: