Problem with trains

I’m having a recurring problem keeping my trains from uncoupling. Whenever I take a train (locomotive pulling 3 passenger cars) along a track that changes from flat to inclined or declined, the train pops apart in the middle and one of the passenger cars is floating in a solid block beneath the track. This is very frustrating, and essentially means that if I want to pull any cars, the track has to be totally flat.

Has anybody else had this problem?
Is there a way to build a track that’s not flat and will carry cars?
Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

Help!
Thanks,
Mattrick

This is a very common problem. It’s super annoying.

Yep. It’s a very old and common problem. Usually smooth transitions to slopes do better than extremely bumpy tracks, but there’s still no guarantee. I just stick to handcars. :wink:

Ugh! Ok, thanks, at least it’s not just me.

I mentioned the train issue to a player with a red name once; they said they worked for the BH software team. He said that he wasn’t aware of any train glitches (what?!?), but that he would look into it-- whatever that means.

Y’all gave me more of an answer than he did lol.
Thanks!

You were probably talking to @milla. How long ago did you mention the problem to the user with a red name tag?

I’m surprised I didn’t find more bug reports about it, but I did find this pretty old one:

I’ve moved this thread over to Bugs and Glitches.

Probably 3-4 months ago. I don’t remember his name, but I want to say he would mention it to @majicDave

:grimacing:

That quote made me laugh. :laughing:

We gave a better answer than the creator of the game? Wow! :rofl:

Blue is admin. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah.

If it had been me I would have set it was a known bug that we hadn’t found a fix for yet.

The male super-admins are majicDave and zhaus, neither of which spend time in the game, and both of which are developers. Dave made the game, and zhaus made the cloud platform. The only active super-admins are myself and asyc_nz. We’re both women.

I should have, in hindsight…

It was months ago, but if any of those names ring a bell, it’s asyc_nz. I’m not 100% sure though. And my apologies for assuming gender, didn’t mean it that way.

No offence taken. Just letting you know who has super-admin :slight_smile:

yeah, that @asyc . She thinks handcars are called handbags. :lol:

Isn’t this a bit against FAQ? But I mean, it might be important tho: you could consider it a problem that users get annoyed by/something that ruins trains and passenger carts… I’m not exactly sure.

Huh…?

It’s against the rules to “@“ the owner of the game unless it’s urgent. It’s stated in the rules.
https://forums.theblockheads.net/guidelines

Ooh my bad, sorry!
:astonished:

split this topic #20

6 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t connect to a world