Quest for titanium! Blockheads April Advent Calendar (Day 5)

In the previous thread, we went mining, but today, we will take it to the next level!
We’re gonna mine a giant tunnel near lava and learn new EXPERT mining tips that less than 1% of Blockheads players know.

First of all, in the previous thread we mined a quarry that goes all the way to lava. And that will be useful later, so stay tuned. So today, we’re gonna start mining to try to find titanium and platinum, and also maybe some cave trolls just as a bonus. So, the first thing you gotta do is you gotta go ~20 blocks above lava. And start mining a tunnel.

And before you start mining here are some things that you need before you get started:

• A LOT of pickaxes (Stone pickaxe or titanium is recommended)
    Try not to craft a lot of metal pickaxes, because it’s wasteful. Stone pickaxe is not too slow for mining stone, but however, it could be faster to use metal pickaxes to specifically mine ores.

• A LOT of food
    If you want to learn how to get a lot of food quickly, check out my farming thread to learn more

• Coffee (Recommended for faster mining and less exhaustion)

• Bed

• Chests

• Diamond pickaxe
    If you want to learn how to get a lot of TC check out FREE TC

• Lanterns (For this one, your not gonna need a lot of lanterns, but they’re handy for caves if you find some)

So as you can see here, I started mining around 20 blocks above lava, where the lava is not close enough to burn me, but the light is good enough to binge-mine without using any lanterns at all. Also, at this level, it is more common to find precious metals like titanium or platinum. And sometimes you can stumble upon diamonds and other rare gems. Also, at this level, any gold or iron vein is way larger, giving more access to large amounts of ore.

It is very easy to mine a lot of blocks at once. And since you’re near lava and you don’t need a lot of lanterns, you can just set your blockhead to mine a lot of blocks, and meanwhile, another blockhead can do another task. This saves a lot of time.

I also started to build rails for the fun of it, but honestly don’t do this, because walking with speed boots and coffee is more efficient than a handcar.

After a couple of hours of mining, The tunnel showed many cave veins and ores (the glowing yellow dots are actually gold)

Also wearing ice armor will help with fire damage, but however it runs out very quickly, it’s better to just wear carbon fiber Armour.

Also sometimes there are some places where the ground is hotter due to the fact that lava rises in some places, so you can mine upwards to avoid getting burned.

As you can see, I have found a lot of gems and caves. :wink:

Hey, look who I found. :slight_smile:

Whoa, that was intense!

Slavery is not good.

I have used many pickaxes for this expedition. Tomorrow, we will discover the stats of every pickaxes and how they were all used.

8 Likes

I don’t remember magma being able to move.

1 Like

This may be a silly question… but can you mine titanium ore with a pickaxe lower than steel? (Iron, bronze, stone flint) ?

You can.

2 Likes