Regular badge questions

I am trying to get this badge for some reason. Probably because I’m bored. And im trinna get badges. Its something that I can aim for.
With the “100 days visited/365 days” rule, do you get the regular badge after visiting for 100 days or do you only get the badge having visited at least 100 times in 365 days?
confusion
Also, is there a way to check your requirements? I think i have most of them except the visiting ones.
Also what if you view too many posts? Do you still get regular?
And with the “read” part on the users section, is that for posts or for topics? And how do you see how many flags you have?

1 Like

Getting regular for the sake of getting regular defeats the purpose of titles. Do it because you enjoy interacting with the community lol

You should probably aim for another badge. :wink:

2 Likes

I looked on the guide to discourse trust levels and I’m also confused as to how people get regular. A lot of people I’ve seen on the forums should be eligible according to the website, but aren’t.

I do enjoy ineracting with the community. I’m trying to get as many badges as I can, I just had questions about this one.

The requirements for this one aren’t that hard
All you have to do is get a few likes, like a few things (there is plenty to like on this forum! Also, i often use up my maximum likes) You gotta read stuff but I am a born reader… i will read the baked beans can if it’s in front of me… :smirk: and visit a lot (which i do already.)

So no answers yet? :confused:

1 Like

I‘ve received the badge on Jul‘19, 11 months after I‘ve joined (Aug’18), so I don‘t think it‘s 365 days necessarily :blush: But I also don‘t think it‘s just joining 100 days because one month later I‘ve received the badge for joining 365 consecutive days.
@GlassRose maybe they‘ve got flagged too many times, I think there‘s no public record of your flagged posts? :thinking:

2 Likes

Like joining for 100 days i meant

1 Like

me too :smile: sorry I‘ve worded it wrong

1 Like

Oop. Dunno how many consecutive days ive joined.
Also, i know that if you dip below the requirements for regular you un-earn the badge…what happens if you read too many posts? Do you un-earn it? @milla ???

3 Likes

To be regular on any given day your account needs to fulfil all of the requirements. On any given day, if one is no longer fulfilled your status will change.

The 100/365 means in the last year you have visited on at least one hundred days.

3 Likes

“In the last year”
@milla
Would this mean jan 1 2019 - jan 1 2020? Or would it just mean the last 365 days (2 aug 2019 - 2 aug 2020?)
Also, what if you earn regular badge but then you read too many posts? Would you be demoted again?

THE last year. Not last year.

The definite article implies a year up until today. Without it, it implies the last complete calendar year.

3 Likes

Thanks but

“100 topics viewed but no more than 500”

1 Like

Be sure to read the forums but don’t be addicted to it hehe

1 Like

I think I already am.