Revenge of the Players (ROP)

Revenge of the Players (ROP)

Are you tired of hackers/script kiddies who mess up your servers?
Players who think they can get away with extreme verbal abuse?
Players who come on with disgusting pictures?

ROP is the solution to this problem

The objective of this group is to share blacklists as server owners and prevent these rule violators from ruining players’ enjoyment on our servers.

We have many owners who are currently in this group and have collected over 200 users banned across a network of servers.

How does it work?
Members obtain the reports of rule violators (hackers, script kiddies, verbal abusers, etc) or catch them in action. Once they have the info necessary to post (IP, device ID, and IGN), they do so on our private group within this forum. Other members will then choose if they would like to ban them from their servers by simply copy and pasting their info to their server blacklist. This prevents the rule breakers from going onto other servers that are owned by ROP members creating a safe and enjoyable environment.

As Milla is a member of this group, she too takes further actions if necessary warranting cloud bans when needed.

Benefits of being part of the ROP group:
Through eliminating hackers, script kiddies, and etc., you can make your servers a safer environment for your players and make life easier for your staff. By being part of this group, you know that ROP members will have your back protecting you as well as themselves from potential threats. All in all, you make sure that your servers are safe.

How to be part of this growing project:
Access to this group will be restricted. We will accept players who we can trust and know, are mature, and are active on the forums.

To apply, submit your answers to the application form here: http://goo.gl/forms/XPeilzhfuJ

Note: Sending an application does not guarantee access to ROP. Members will vote based on your answers and a PM will be sent to you once we have made a decision regarding your application.

Some ROP servers listed below:

• Skeeve’s Gigantic Empire - Owned by Skeeve
  • Skeeve’s Exile - Owned by Skeeve
  • Skeeve’s Challeng - Owned by Skeeve
  • Skeeve’s Moon - Owned by Skeeve
  • Skeeve’s Summer Contest - Owned by Skeeve
  • Skeeve’s Mars Base - Owned by Skeeve
  • DZ-17 - Owned by 222oreo333
  • Maze Runner - Owned by ThuThu
  • Skylands Odyssey - Owned by Jemni
  • Skylands Arena - Owned by Jemni
  • Skylands Adventure - Owned by Jemni
  • Kepler-186f - Owned by Jimmyf
  • Kepler-452b - Owned by Jimmyf
  • Hydronova - Owned by Sword2185
  • CJ’s Legacy - Owned by Cactus Jack
  • Blackwater Bay - Owned by Cactus Jack
  • Creative of Time - Owned by PorkyTheChop
  • Survival of Time - Owned by 4u3i
  • Rabbithole - Owned by Mad Hatter
  • Ailes - Owned by haileyjoychannel
  • Emerald Gardens - Owned by SHARIU2
  • Sugarflop - Owned by Sugar_flop
  • UNIHORSE - Owned by UNIHORSE!!
  • Amaze - Owned by Louz
30 Likes

I would like to add that this group is helpful in protecting your world from active hackers and script kiddies who like to ruin the enjoyment of others. When someone posts a new entry to their blacklist on this group, you have the opportunity to copy it onto yours and pre-emptively ban an active hacker before they even have a chance to touch your server. (Or appear on it with their dirty avatar pic)

I think it’s a great way to fight back and protect our worlds for our players.

3 Likes

What about players who actively hack by changing their IP address and MAC address?

I avoid getting hacked by pretending to agree with hackers. They just go away after some time. Plus you don’t get all the trouble. (I ban them after they get bored and leave)

Well I guess it is a good idea for preventing the script kiddies though. (And the profile pictures)

Some do that of course, but at least you get their device #. I know that can also be changed but it’s a pain, so I don’t mind causing them this pain.

Not many hackers know how to change their IPs and device IDs since most of them are script kiddies. Getting them banned from a multitude servers will certainly get rid of the many script kiddies who only love to destroy things.

I hope I don’t jinx myself here but I have yet to see a hacker come back after they’ve been device banned with an IP ban as well. I do wonder when they get all cocky and say “Just try and ban me, I’m a hacker, yo”. But those guys don’t find their way back either.

I find the same thing, Jem. Most of the script kiddies banned haven’t reappeared. Unless they are very patient and come back days later under a different IP and different device # and I think it’s just a 2nd person, but that is doubtful. Most don’t have the patience for that tactic.

And if a script kiddie finds he is already banned on a cloud world that he’s never been to, I would predict that he would just move on to another world to tamper with rather than spending the time and effort required to defeat the ban. (Key Words: Time & Effort - something a script kiddie wants no part of)

Heh. True that. This seems as a very good idea. For the sake getting rid of trouble makers i will aply later today.

I thought milla had said sharing blacklists was not allowed. Tules might have changed since i asked if it was ok to share blacklists though. Or maybe it was just because it was me. lol

I think Smeegle checked with Milla before starting this thread. Not 100% sure, but I believe he did communicate to her first about it.

I know the main rule is to not share it publicly on the forum. And this isn’t just any blacklist. The list is just of hackers and players with obscene avatar images.

What are “script kiddies”?

Script Kiddies are people who call themselves hackers but they’re not. Instead they employ hacking tools and software written by the real people who know how to hack and have programming skills.

Script Kiddies are often clueless victims of identity theft because they unwittingly download malicious software along with the hacking tools they think they are getting for free.

The little they gain for what they give up makes Script Kiddies a sad lot indeed. Have pity on them by banning them from your server. :lol:

Wait… How is that having pity… I don’t understand

Script kiddies are people who cheat using hacks written by others, rather than themselves. I’m not sure he isn’t being sarcastic in his use of the word “pity”.

Oh. I see now

ROP has been doing great!
Started in January and now we are in April with 30++ banned players who hack or use obscene names/pictures. Great progress with the group so far. These players have been banned from numerous servers. I have updated the first post to display the names of the servers currently part of the ROP group.
These server owners and staff members are doing an amazing thing banning these players from their servers and sharing them to the rest of the group members. All in efforts to create an enjoyable and safe environment for you, the players. :cheerful:

Additionally, at the end of every month, a full report of the players on the list with evidence is sent to Milla to take further actions. (Warnings/cloud bans).

Not only are we making sure that our servers remain safe and enjoyable but we also make sure that they do not cause any harm to your servers by getting the dangerous ones off the game.

If you are a server owner and is interested in joining, please send a request to me via PM and I will respond with a few questions for you to answer :o

My application got denied although Im sure my blacklisted hackers is as big as yours together!
Nevermind its your decision and I respect that. Good luck for the fight against them.

"Hello Andre Lee,

Thank you for sending us the replies to the answers. We take requests seriously and we make sure that the players we allow into the Official Revenge of The Players fit our requirements.

Not only do our current existing members vote by taking into consideration your answers, but we also ensure that your server(s) are following standard rules that respect the game, does not harm the Blockhead economy and respects the developer and respects its’ players.

Although I must send you an unfavorable response to your application, I appreciate your interest in our group and I certainly wish you the best for your future work.
Unfortunately, your request for access to ROP has been denied for numerous reasons.

-Smeegle"

Well I just experienced one of the best reasons for your group to exist, and contain reliable members:

I was on a world today, alllll day, mining deep and monitoring spawn for the owner. Several times I curtailed mischievous players just wanting to get coins or admin privileges. I am an admin on this owner’s other server, but she forgot to set mod privileges on this one yesterday…so I did my best with no real power. I felt protective on her behalf be because she is a talented young teen.

After about 6 hours of play, I was by myself and got to work up on a sky island. Three new players entered (2 boys and 1 girl,) and immediately started begging for admin privileges “plz plz plz!!!” I told them that I could not do that, and that was not the way things are done. But I would help them with my own coins get a few things to get started. (I couldn’t get to the starter packs…that building is admin only.) I suddenly noticed one of the players entering admin house but he wasn’t one of the admins. I told him to stop, He said “ok” but when he came out, he complained “hey! these baskets are all empty!!” Then he went back in. I told him to stop again and said it was against the rules, and the owners will know. The girl said to the other boy, “hey, make us all admin so we can have fun with this world.” and “you know how right?” Then that boy replied with the correct command. I started telling them to stop stealing and suddenly I am banned. Even my device. I chatted with the actual owner of the site this evening for a quick minute. She said they banned her too! When I looked again, the owner name was changed and now shows one of those boys’ IGN!

We all know how this hurts the true owner of the server: time crystals invested, hours and hours of creative time put into it…but this hurts me as player too. I had unloaded ALL of my stuff on that island to get to work on building. This happened and took my attention down to spawn. I was banned while everything I have worked so long and hard to craft or purchase was up on that island. I want to go back and get my stuff and I can’t even get on with a different IGN.

These players are horrible. Selfish, greedy, and true thieves. Yeah they are young, but what they are doing is stealing and age does not give a pass on that. The kind of TC needed to get a server and keep it going costs real money. They took it over and the owner literally loses that real life money placed into the server. I had just donated some to the server too today!!

This hurts a lot of people. I like that offensive material is looked down upon within this forum and policed so well. But there are other things harmful too…such as I saw today. I hope you will consider stealing servers to be as primary of a goal as you do inappropriate pictures and content.

I’m thankful for your efforts and glad to read that you are doing well. Keep up the good work. Let me know if there is any recourse for this owner and myself; any way to retrieve that server back…especially since we can see the new owner’s name.

3 Likes

Well I just experienced one of the best reasons for your group to exist, and contain reliable members:

I was on a world today, alllll day, mining deep and monitoring spawn for the owner. Several times I curtailed mischievous players just wanting to get coins or admin privileges. I am an admin on this owner’s other server, but she forgot to set mod privileges on this one yesterday…so I did my best with no real power. I felt protective on her behalf be because she is a talented young teen.

After about 6 hours of play, I was by myself and got to work up on a sky island. Three new players entered (2 boys and 1 girl,) and immediately started begging for admin privileges “plz plz plz!!!” I told them that I could not do that, and that was not the way things are done. But I would help them with my own coins get a few things to get started. (I couldn’t get to the starter packs…that building is admin only.) I suddenly noticed one of the players entering admin house but he wasn’t one of the admins. I told him to stop, He said “ok” but when he came out, he complained “hey! these baskets are all empty!!” Then he went back in. I told him to stop again and said it was against the rules, and the owners will know. The girl said to the other boy, “hey, make us all admin so we can have fun with this world.” and “you know how right?” Then that boy replied with the correct command. I started telling them to stop stealing and suddenly I am banned. Even my device. I chatted with the actual owner of the site this evening for a quick minute. She said they banned her too! When I looked again, the owner name was changed and now shows one of those boys’ IGN!

We all know how this hurts the true owner of the server: time crystals invested, hours and hours of creative time put into it…but this hurts me as player too. I had unloaded ALL of my stuff on that island to get to work on building. This happened and took my attention down to spawn. I was banned while everything I have worked so long and hard to craft or purchase was up on that island. I want to go back and get my stuff and I can’t even get on with a different IGN.

These players are horrible. Selfish, greedy, and true thieves. Yeah they are young, but what they are doing is stealing and age does not give a pass on that. The kind of TC needed to get a server and keep it going costs real money. They took it over and the owner literally loses that real life money placed into the server. I had just donated some to the server too today!!

This hurts a lot of people. I like that offensive material is looked down upon within this forum and policed so well. But there are other things harmful too…such as I saw today. I hope you will consider stealing servers to be as primary of a goal as you do inappropriate pictures and content.

I’m thankful for your efforts and glad to read that you are doing well. Keep up the good work. Let me know if there is any recourse for this owner and myself; any way to retrieve that server back…especially since we can see the new owner’s name.