Reverse-engineering the server

server
multiplayer

Hello!
I got really cool idea to recreate mac server app. This will help people without Macs create their selfhosted servers for free. Now i’m on stage when i decompiled the server and studing the code.
If i got news, i’ll post it here.

P.S. Sorry for my English, i’m from Ukraine :slight_smile:

Majic Jungle does not condone or recommend use of rehosted downloads of our software. It is possible that unofficial downloads contain malware, viruses, or exploits. Download at your own risk.

I think your English is quite good!

Welcome to the forums! Have a cookie! :cookie:

Your English is really good!

Hey,

Blockheads have made Servers payment for a reason, time crystals weren’t working because people could glitch it and wouldn’t pay so they made it so you had to pay the money so it’s not quite fair going away making Mac servers for everyone when they spent time changing it so they wouldn’t loose money, Mac servers are okay making just a few but your going a bit too far, this is okay if you just make 1-2 but everyone, nope! Please change this to just your going to make a Mac server that people could enjoy without payment or delete this, we don’t want to spread the glitching and freebie servers with the community again.

Hacking is also not allowed in the Blockheads so you decompiling the servers coding is not allowed either please stop and just create normal servers or go get the coding from someone and only make 1-2 servers and no more, sorry for this but we don’t want to spread this kind of behaviour after the TC glitches.

Thank you,

He’s just recreating the mac server app so i may run on windows.
EDIT:I think it was fine to "hack"it into a windows version as Dave wanted to do that?

I used Hoppler v4 to disassemble app (I have old MacBook to do that). Server uses sockets, so i tried to make simple socket server on Python. IT WORKS! I saw in the console that my phone tried to connect! So now i need to understand how can i create a map and make client connect to it. :slight_smile: :+1:

I just going to make Windows edition of the Mac server. Freebie servers will be only visible for their owners (or can be public if they change their port redirection). But this kind of servers will be runned on their PCs and be able to connect only with their IP address. No random or search. Only IP, only hardcore :slight_smile:

Hey could you manage to get the app file in a .dmg format?

@AuraShadow milla and majicDave don’t care about Mac Servers because they don’t pay to host them :slight_smile:

I think .py
and it can be used across OSs
I prefer Java because everyone haves it tho,its just simply more portable

Ugh ran out of likes

On a side note Dave used to host a .zip version of the Mac Server app on theblockheads.net/server.html. It’s gone now unfortunately…

Mac server app: https://dropbox.com/s/t31ey3qgvyob0il/BlockheadsServer.dmg?dl=0

We won’t mind even it’s github :wink:

Majic Jungle does not condone or recommend use of rehosted downloads of our software. It is possible that unofficial downloads contain malware, viruses, or exploits. Download at your own risk.

Exactly, this is why I’ve been trying to warn you guys not to use those servers.

A simple virus scan will prevent danger.

Exploits can’t but we can read the code right?:wink:

Not necessarily true. Antivirus programs can help, but they will not catch everything. It’s fairly easy to modify viruses to give them a different signature so they aren’t caught by any antivirus.

I mostly use a VM when downloading sketchy files so :man_shrugging:

This sounds like a great thing! What are the requirements? As long as it doesn’t give me a virus.

It’s not done yet, at least the link above is the original macOS server app