Rollbacks on Macs

I know we need to message Milla if we need a rollback in a world that’s on the Blockheads cloud servers.
Is there a way for online worlds on Mac servers to be rolled back as well? If so, how?

i think the mac server app has previous versions downloaded, but that depends on whether or not you’re having someone host it for you or if you’re doing it yourself, if you’re doing it yourself previous versions are located somewhere on the app, i’m not too familiar with it but i know it’s there

i don’t believe milla can rollback mac servers unless she somehow has access to your files, i don’t think that works but who knows?

1 Like

You would have to take backups manually, or, like wingy, set up a script or whatever it is that takes them periodically for you.

1 Like

You could look through the application files to see if there are possibly any folders that might contain older backups. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@courageous.spinal No, I don’t expect Milla would be able to access macs. And yes, I would be hosting it myself.

@WumboJumbo I’ll look through the application files and see what’s there. I’m not any good at understanding what’s in those, but I’ll give it a shot. I have a test server on my Mac, so I can at least try.

@PorkyTheChop Do you know how to take backups manually? I’ll play around a bit on my Mac today and see if I can’t figure it out. Or maybe I’ll see if I can get Wingy to help me out. Thanks for the tip

Edit:
Update!
Thanks for the tips. I have found these files and folders. But I don’t know what is what or how to restore the world using these files. Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 19.56.22

1 Like

Copy the folder with the random letters and numbers to a safe location, such as a USB drive or iCloud. Make sure you copy, not move. If you ever need to rollback just replace the folder (random numbers and letters one) with your backup. You can back up as frequently or infrequently as you want.

1 Like

Thank you! It took a lot of clicking and screaming and crying, but I finally figured out how to copy that folder. Again, tysm!!
Now I just gotta read back through the Mac server set up guide. I tried to make another test server, but I couldn’t join in from my phone. sigh
I’ll come back to you if I need help again :sweat_smile:

Edit:
Ok, I believe I’ve made another test world. Would anyone mind checking and seeing if they can join? Feel free to look around, build, destroy - I’m just going to use it to see if I can successfully do a rollback in a day or two.
IP: Redacted for now
Port:15153

Edit: IP address redacted because idk what I’m doing…

1 Like

That is a local ip. Nobody from outside your network can join unless you port forward and give the ip of your router. (Which isn’t recommended to post publicly.)

Yep - been there. :lol:

1 Like

Use a device like noip to hide it

1 Like

You’re better off just censoring it out the old-fashioned way.

1 Like

You can use a DNS lookup to get the IP for a no-ip domain. The use of no-ip is to be able to change the address of the domain when it changes.

Or maybe I’ll see if I can get Wingy to help me out. Thanks for the tip

@NYCCI if you want help automatically making backups let me know, I’ll make a guide.

1 Like

@WumboJumbo whats “the old fashioned way?”

@Wingysam DNS, domain, no-ip…this is all just gibberish to me. :sweat_smile:
I think a guide would be great! Thanks!