So you'd like to be a beta tester

We have no inclination to lock in numbers. All who suit will be invited.

Oh okay. Thanks!

i figured out that i have ios 10.3.1 on my iphone 6

I’m that one stubborn person still using iOS 9.

Just a note to candidates for this recruitment drive, because we’re being much more transparent about recruitment than usual, and we don’t want anyone to get the wrong impression:

While we are wanting to increase the size of the team we will not be changing our requirements, so if you aren’t chosen don’t feel bad. We’re a bit picky, and always have been! Not being chosen does not mean we don’t like, respect, or want you around. Not being chosen does not reflect badly on you. It’s a role we need particular traits for, and that doesn’t necessarily mean we like beta testers more than other members. It just means that some display traits we need and others don’t, and those are not anything to do with your worth, character, or value to us as a community member.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

If there is one lol :thumbsup:
Also @milla I know I am not old enough but please please let me test :thumbsup:

Here is the quote for you

I agree with Milla’s response. They definitely have to chose a wide ‘variety’ of types of players to help beta test, so they can cover all areas of testing. Which definitely makes sense :slight_smile: . Very well said that one should not feel hurt if not chosen!

No it’s not bad. I am just very protective, and sharing personal information can be problematic :slight_smile:

Wait, milla please remind me what the requirements are again, as I don’t know where to find them.:blush:
Ah, thank you, @Celadon
I feel dumb now lol

Just look in the OP :slight_smile:

Just a question about the beta “app” that you download…
Do you download a new application with every beta stage that comes out (I.e. beta 1.6 to beta 1.7) or is there updates for the existing application? If that makes any sense… :stuck_out_tongue:

Essentially, it’s new every time. Dave uploads the build to an app called Test Flight, then chooses who gets access to the build. You download the build from the Test Flight app. It’ll look like the Blockheads app.

So you could have multiple beta versions at once? That would be cool… Unless Test Flight automatically deletes them.

As I recall, no. Your device will act as though you’ve upgraded the app. Try to downgrade again, and you might have to install the app from scratch, and you know what that means, right? Voice of experience there…

I’m sure milla said that Dave was working on a way to be able to continue playing 1.6 as normal whilst also beta testing 1.7. I think that would mean having two Blockheads apps.

ok good i don’t have jailbreak

Lost Testers would be a great name for a band. Of course, Los Testers would be a great name for the group. :blush:

It seems to me that you are asking if each each build/pre-release/beta version will have a separate (individual) app - for instance, 1.6.9.1, 1.6.9.2, and so on. The answer to this is no. The entire beta will share the same app, though it will be a separate app from the original (release version) of the Blockheads app. With each miniature update to the beta that Dave released (these are called builds), you will download the update and it will work like updating the original app in the App Store; the app will update and then be playable.

Think of TestFlight as the App Store, and the beta as the regular app - the only difference is that the beta won’t replace the regular app.

How many people are currently on the team?