So you'd like to be a beta tester

I’ve got an iPhone 5 so nope.

It’s probably better anyway that we have a lot of different devices and operating systems we test on. Maximizes our chance to find bugs that could possibly be depending on a specific OS/device.

Would being a 1.7 android beta tester take up more space on the device?

I don’t precisely know how the Android beta rolls out, but for the initial beta cycles on Apple we had to install a separate app, so yes, it would need more space if that’s the case.

The flip side, if it overwrites your 1.6.x version, then it wouldn’t take up much more space BUT you won’t be able to play on 1.6 worlds.

IOS? Will there be any option for apple folks?

iOS = Apple. iOS is just the software Apple uses, like how Android uses Google.

1.7 beta for iOS/Apple has already came and went, if you stick around and be active there’s a chance you can become a beta tester for 1.8.

1.7 you mean?

He means that testers for 1.7 have already been selected. The next possible beta tester recruitment will be for the 1.8 update, whenever that will be. 1.7 testing for iOS is already complete, so there is no point in adding more players to the testing team.

Ok thanks

Because Dave only does the Apple dev for The Blockheads we always do that first. Once our team has gone over it thoroughly, he hands it off to Ben at Noodlecake, and the Android phase starts. This is underway now. Both testing teams are complete and final.

If Dave does update 1.8 then I will probably need to recruit more testers. Other than that, later this year he hopes to run an alpha for his next game, Ambience, which is being developed for PC. You can find out more about this at http://ambiencegame.com :slight_smile:

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: The link says that I don’t have access to the topic!!! It just proves that I haven’t been on the forum long enough…

I don’t understand why it would say that, since that page isn’t even a forum page. Odd.

Oh, that link. I thought Baama meant the Ambience link.

Q: Will the new Android testers come along with the Tester badge in the Ambience forums?

I thought no, since they are Noodlecake Studios testers and don’t test for Majic Jungle Software.

Unfortunately not. :frowning:

How am I supposed to be an Android beta tester? I’ve requested access for their group on Google Groups, and as baamallama said, I can’t access the thread. Is the Android beta testing group closed, currently?

I’m pretty sure they’re done beta testing for now.

What about when, and if they have a new update? Also, if I we’re to start as a general Noodlecake tester, could I then merge to only The Blockheads?

I don’t know their testing system, but they would probably recruit again if 1.8 comes.

Ok, thx.