The Blockheads on Apple Silicon Macs

The new Macs with Apple Silicon can run iOS apps unless the developer opts out. Is The Blockheads going to work on the new Macs as well, or is Dave going to opt-out?

4 Likes

Haven’t seen you in a while @KP7. I am sunnyperson so you will remember me. But i am not sure what dave will do.

1 Like

I thought that it was opt-in?

The title of the article you posted says they “opted-out.”

Here is one of the statements from that article:

Although by default all iOS apps are available on the Mac App Store for Apple Silicon, the company is allowing developers to opt their iOS apps out of the new unified store.

Well, there’s seemingly no way that Blockheads will be opted-out in time. As it stands, Dave is focused entirely on Sapiens (that raises the question of Sapiens on Apple Silicon though :thinking:).

What about the Mac server app? How well will that run on Apple Silicon?

As far as I’m aware, all they have to do is click a checkbox. I’m sure Dave could find time to click a checkbox if he wanted to or needed to bad enough for whatever reason. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sure, but I doubt he will do it by the time that consumers get their hands on Apple Silicon Macs next week.

@KP7?

I’m quite sure you’re asking the wrong person.

1 Like

I don’t know for sure, but I assume it would run about the same as it does on Intel Macs running Big Sur. As far as performance, I really can’t say because I don’t have an Apple Silicon Mac.

He seems to know his stuff, but he has been helpful so far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes