The Kingdom of Iridescia Server

I’ll be creating a new server, coming in July!

This will be a custom rules, kingdom based, and intermidiate level semi-survival server. Please be respectful and read the ENTIRE welcome message before first playing!

About Iridescia:
This server is comprised of different districts and cities. You spawn into Iridescia, the only kingdom in the server. You have everything you need to thrive there, including an area called “The Underground.” In Iridescia, you can craft, go to events, etc. But if you choose to leave, you can create your own city, or live in someone else’s. In order to do this, you must make a little “colony,” and once the colony can support a town, PM GlassRose on the forums or Discord! You must create your colony without handouts from staff. The only downside to creating a city is that you may not come back to Iridescia or The Underground unless you have a home there. That is, without an invitation.

The Underground:
The Underground is a place where the economy thrives, and there are always things to do, such as handcar courses, other races, archery, etc. It’s living area and town center is below the Kingdom of Iridescia, and is only accessible to inhabitants of the Underground. The only exception is when you are granted an invitation from a resident of the Underground. (It can be given to you or sold to you.) You can buy a house there for 99pc. It has 3 sectors, the Cave sector, which is located underneath the living, the Ocean sector, which is located to the right of Iridescia and the main Underground living area, and the Land sector, which is located to the left of Iridescia and the main Underground living area. Those with access to the Underground can get to any of the three sectors by tunnels going to each of them.

Kingdoms, Districts, and Cities:
There is only 1 kingdom in the server, Iridescia. Disctricts are cities which are owned by staff, and cities are owned by players.

Rules:

• Read the ENTIRE Welcome Message before first playing.
  • No advertising.
  • You may not collect unknown items. If you come across one, go down the trash chute and drop it directly in lava. Please put it in a chest first.
  • Don’t plant vines without permission.
  • Don’t beg for Admin or Mod. EARN it.
  • Don’t curse or discriminate and be kind.
  • Don’t destroy other people’s builds!
  • Pay attention to the staff.
  • No trolling, griefing, or cursing.
  • 2 kicks=Ban
  • Don’t ask personal questions that could make someone uncomfortable or feel unsafe.
  • Please follow the specific rules for the city you’re in.
  • No duping
  • No littering
  • No teleporting back to spawn.
  • You may not own trade portals.

Discord Link:

Server Link:
http://theblockheads.net/join.php?ip=block.wingysam.xyz&port=15364&name=IRIDESCIA

4 Likes

Is this server a lot like September Isles?

4 Likes

I always feel like there’s so much “catching up” to do on September Isles for no reason, :joy: it’s so unreasonable and I get overwhelmed by everything that’s already been built and it discourages me from exploring and playing on it.
Eager to play this! Sounds really interesting.

A few questions, though:
How do you become an official “inhabitant of The Underground”?
How does one maintain a house in The Kingdom of Iridescia (so they can return without an invitation)? :thinking:

5 Likes

Having a permanent house in Iridescia or the Underground costs 99 pc. Better add that heh

@WumboJumbo It’s a mix of SI and a few new ideas of mine. It’s also more organized and harder to get rich.

5 Likes

Yassss the thing I was trying to turn September isles
into: HARDER TO GET RICH!
:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to play this server! I like the hard to get rich idea.

5 Likes

Well, time to file a house deed. :lol:

5 Likes

You only have until this Monday to submit staff applications!

Also: What setting should trade portals be on?

• Off
  • On fully
  • Jobs only
  • Buy only
  • Sell only

0 voters

If it were on, buy would be 4x sell cost.

1 Like

2 days to submit staff applications!

The server planning is well underway! I’m really excited to start making this :lol:

Edit: It’s actually only one day, oops!

1 Like

The time for staff application is now over! Here’s our current staff:
Co-owner: @Woahjj
Admins: @Alexandra_Inglorien and @WAIII
Mods: @Si-Guy, @Codeoffun, and @AppleTasteGood

Congrats to all admins and mods! (Also the choices were based on the application alone, so you’ll all still have an equal role in creating the server. Thanks for being a part of this!)

4 Likes

And thank you for accepting my application. :smiley:
I am really excited to start working on the server!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m so excited to get working on this server as an admin!

2 Likes

We got the IP address from @Wingysam, so progress will start tomorrow! We should be open by the end of July, give or take a week.

1 Like

His servers have been down

2 Likes

I went on a second ago, so they must be back.

2 Likes

The trade portals will be off! Thank you all for voting. In cities, there’ll be large economies, and lots of shops. No need to worry about not being able to get materials. The server will start out with shops in Iridescia giving you everything you need, but when someone starts their own shop selling those items, we’ll take ours down.

2 Likes

I’m proud to announce that @Alexandra_Inglorien has already circumnavigated our 4x world! Great job Alexandra!!

And, @Woahjj and I have started breeding donkeys! Productive day here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m at camp I’ll try to join later

1 Like

It’s not open to the public yet. But we might have a period where builders can get premier access to build courses and such! Other than that, we’d love to see you in July!

3 Likes

Ohhhhh I thought It opened already

2 Likes