The Message Bot

No it’s okay, I fixed it. ^^

Go to settings, and turn on ‘when display is off don’t sleep’. Now, whenever you turn off your computer do CONTROL + SHIFT + POWER
(yes, not command key, control key)
This turns off your display, but all processes on your computer will still run.

Suggestion

Is it possible to make it when someone kicks a person, it automatically warns them? This could make it quite quicker than having to type their name.

And {{ATTACKER}} in death messages perhaps?

Attacker in death messages isn’t… Able to be done with clean code. You’d have to see if someone just hit them, and if there are multiple pvp battles at once it could get it wrong. The logs the bot gets don’t include who killed them. Also what if they fall to their death? SERVER: PLAYER was killed by NATURAL CAUSES?

Automatic warn on kick sounds easy.

I noticed something…

Every time you exit the bot after installing the “World Commands” plugin, it uninstalls, and you have to reinstall it again.

All other plugins are fine.

I just fixed this, sorry about that.

Np! Never usually see the small things, but it’s good it’s been fixed! :slight_smile:

i have figured out why it stops responding - the world restarts, and the bot doesn’t notice the world started again. :dead:

duplicate messages

on my server, when i use the manpages plugin, when i do /help it comes up with the default /HELP command as well. in the plugin’s config there is no way to change the command and there is no way to disable the default anywhere.

for example:

logs

D R O N E: /help daily reward
SERVER:
/HELP - display this message.
/PLAYERS - list currently active players.
/KICK player_name - kicks player_name, but they will still be allowed to reconnect.
/BAN player_name_or_ip - adds player_name_or_ip to the blacklist, ban’s that user’s device from reconnecting with a different name, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/BAN-NO-DEVICE player_name_or_ip - works the same as the ban command, but doesn’t ban the player’s device.
/UNBAN player_name_or_ip - removes player_name_or_ip from the blacklist.
/WHITELIST player_name_or_ip - adds player_name_or_ip to the whitelist, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/UNWHITELIST player_name_or_ip - removes player_name_or_ip from the whitelist, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/LIST-BLACKLIST lists the 50 most recent players on the blacklist.
/LIST-WHITELIST lists the 50 most recent players on the whitelist.
/LIST-MODLIST - (admin only) lists the 50 most recent players on the modlist.
/LIST-ADMINLIST - (admin only) lists the 50 most recent players on the adminlist.
/PVP-ON - (admin only) enables PVP (Player vs. Player) so players can directly hurt each other.
/PVP-OFF - (admin only) disables PVP (Player vs. Player) so players cannot directly hurt each other
/LOAD-LISTS - (admin only) reloads the blacklist.txt, modlist.txt and adminlist.txt files, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/MOD player_name - (admin only) adds player_name to the modlist, allowing them to issue some server commands via chat.
/UNMOD player_name - (admin only) removes player_name from the modlist.
/ADMIN player_name - (admin only) adds player_name to the adminlist, allowing them to issue server commands via chat.
/UNADMIN player_name - (admin only) removes player_name from the adminlist.
/CLEAR-BLACKLIST - (admin only) removes all names from the blacklist.
/CLEAR-WHITELIST - (admin only) removes all names from the whitelist.
/CLEAR-MODLIST - (admin only) removes all names from the modlist.
/CLEAR-ADMINLIST - (admin only) removes all names from the adminlist.
/SET-PASSWORD password - (owner only) sets a new password, which all players except the owner must use in order to connect.
/REMOVE-PASSWORD - (owner only) removes the password, so all players may connect.
/SET-PRIVACY public/searchable/private - (owner only) changes the privacy setting.
SERVER: the daily reward is a reward of derp points that you can claim every 24 hours. They can be exchanged with other players for in game items or tasks. we recommend using them for expensive items and custom builds and paintings.
D R O N E: /help
SERVER:
/HELP - display this message.
/PLAYERS - list currently active players.
/KICK player_name - kicks player_name, but they will still be allowed to reconnect.
/BAN player_name_or_ip - adds player_name_or_ip to the blacklist, ban’s that user’s device from reconnecting with a different name, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/BAN-NO-DEVICE player_name_or_ip - works the same as the ban command, but doesn’t ban the player’s device.
/UNBAN player_name_or_ip - removes player_name_or_ip from the blacklist.
/WHITELIST player_name_or_ip - adds player_name_or_ip to the whitelist, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/UNWHITELIST player_name_or_ip - removes player_name_or_ip from the whitelist, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/LIST-BLACKLIST lists the 50 most recent players on the blacklist.
/LIST-WHITELIST lists the 50 most recent players on the whitelist.
/LIST-MODLIST - (admin only) lists the 50 most recent players on the modlist.
/LIST-ADMINLIST - (admin only) lists the 50 most recent players on the adminlist.
/PVP-ON - (admin only) enables PVP (Player vs. Player) so players can directly hurt each other.
/PVP-OFF - (admin only) disables PVP (Player vs. Player) so players cannot directly hurt each other
/LOAD-LISTS - (admin only) reloads the blacklist.txt, modlist.txt and adminlist.txt files, and kicks anyone who is no longer authorized.
/MOD player_name - (admin only) adds player_name to the modlist, allowing them to issue some server commands via chat.
/UNMOD player_name - (admin only) removes player_name from the modlist.
/ADMIN player_name - (admin only) adds player_name to the adminlist, allowing them to issue server commands via chat.
/UNADMIN player_name - (admin only) removes player_name from the adminlist.
/CLEAR-BLACKLIST - (admin only) removes all names from the blacklist.
/CLEAR-WHITELIST - (admin only) removes all names from the whitelist.
/CLEAR-MODLIST - (admin only) removes all names from the modlist.
/CLEAR-ADMINLIST - (admin only) removes all names from the adminlist.
/SET-PASSWORD password - (owner only) sets a new password, which all players except the owner must use in order to connect.
/REMOVE-PASSWORD - (owner only) removes the password, so all players may connect.
/SET-PRIVACY public/searchable/private - (owner only) changes the privacy setting.
SERVER: Hi! welcome to the help menu!
you can get help on all sorts of topics here!

the bold is the only txt i want btw

I think that you should add a feature so that there are different punishments for every warning. For example 1st warning is kick, 2nd warning is temp ban, and 3rd warning is permanent ban.

Huh… the code should handle this case. I do check for it at least in the 7.0 code… which I hope to release soon. Just need to port one more extension…

In the 7.0 version of the extension, you can change the command - it defaults to /?.

Added to my list of suggestions to consider when I have time :slight_smile:

I take it the bot can’t change custom rules?

Correct, the bot can only change what you can change from the owner portal.

MessageBot by Bibliofile broke!
I can recieve message to the console but it can’t do anouncements, triggers, and I can send from the console

WHY?
Will someone help me?

[SOLVED]
[DESTROYED AGAIN]
[SOLVED AGAIN] -> I think the spam I made resulted to this :slight_smile:

Oh, yes

Not sure what the issue for you could be here… If you are receiving messages it should be able to respond as well.

If you are running it on a mobile device, keep in mind that the page with the bot has to be open - not in the background - for the bot to work.

I am running on Elementary OS
Linux

Fixed by himself :slight_smile:

Merged double posts.

Hey @Bibliophile it would be helpful if you would put a command to stop spamming it would be helpful i don’t want people in my server annoyed and ending up
Leaving. Thank you!

Don’t put too many triggers then! You could also set the maximum amount of triggers from a message.

Bib,would it be possible to makes a script that bans players when their virtual currency reaches 0?