The Message Bot

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Also, is that all you’re needing? The title says ‘Need help on server’, which is intending that you’re wanting help with the server itself, and not just the installation of the server bot. If this is true, then please move this to #multiplayer, then read the requirements in the community guidelines thread. If not, then the title should be more clear to specify what you need help with, then should be added into #questions. Besides, there’s already a topic on this. Check out Bibliofile’s message bot thread. Lastly, you don’t need to create 3 topics on the same thing. Sorry if I sound rude, btw. But shouldn’t the threads be merged, @asyc?

Changed title to something informative and moved to #questions

Shouldn’t it go in #general-discussion?

> // Todo, rewrite this
> if (window.worldId) {
>     if (!('remove' in Element.prototype)) { **//IE -.-**
>         Element.prototype.remove = function() {
>             if (this.parentNode) {
>                 this.parentNode.removeChild(this);
>             }
>         };
>     }
> 
>     [
>         'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/es5-shim/4.5.8/es5-shim.min.js',
>         'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/es6-shim/0.35.1/es6-shim.min.js',
>         'http://blockheadsfans.com/messagebot/bot'
>     ].forEach(function(url) {
>         var s = document.createElement('script');
>         s.src = url;
>         s.async = false;
>         s.crossOrigin = 'anonymous';
>         document.head.appendChild(s);
>     });
> } else {
>     if (location.hostname == 'portal.theblockheads.net') {
>         alert('You must be on a world page to start the bot.');
>     } else {
>         if (confirm('You are not on the portal, go there now?')) {
>             location.assign('http://portal.theblockheads.net');
>         }
>     }
> }

guess bib hates IE.

I certainly don’t like it… Not even supported in the next version of the bot… which I need to get around to finishing… Just have to rewrite quests (difficult) and write a save mover (easier, but tedious).

how do i get it so i can give people 5 server coin every hour?

Use cron messages to set 0 to /addonline 5.

just a suggestion to the currency:

im just wondering if you could do something so you can’t transfer to other people or make it admin only or banker only or both?

That should be fairly easy to implement… what’s your use case though?

This could be used for a currency that players earn for helping the owner.

It might prevent people from donating to others or themselves from alt accounts. It’s the only command that doesn’t have that custom option other than the ones that check self.

I may disable transferring so I can have players earn it the normal way and make it admin only.

Btw when i try to delete a cron message it doesn’t work properly as when i reload the bot it comes back

I’ve had that issue too Sunny. Sometimes I have to delete it and redo it a few times. Until it deleted successfully, I just blanked out the text.

Okay.

And the clear command is missing from the thing where you can set what commands anyone or mods/admins can use

how do you add someone to a group because i made one called vip with all the stuff in it and i want to know

In chat you issue the command /add-group group playername

Speaking of groups, could we get a way to list who is in a particular group? Right now you can only list what groups a particular user belongs to based on the player name.

Anyone willing to run a message bot for me? :stuck_out_tongue: My family have the world’s oldest and slowest computers. You would get admin or mod on SM.

That means you would have to give the login info to your Owner Portal to the person hosting it which isn’t a good idea.

True.

Even an old computer can run a web browser and run the Owner Portal. I wish my old desktop computer still worked. I would run the portal on that instead of my laptop which I’m often closing down. The bot works best on the more recent browsers so just try to update those as best as you can.