The Truth About 1.7 Update!

Incorrect. You’re making some wild assumptions, and missing the mark.

Also, the forums is a small fraction of our market. Our largest group altogether is iOS users who never interact with us at all, via any of our channels. Android users and those who contact us via social media or the forums are a tiny part of our customer base.

2 Likes

I think 1.7 helped keep TBH alive longer (Multiplayer at the very least)

2 Likes

The thing is, it’s no longer hard to create a popular server. Servers no longer need to advertise to find players- there are plenty of players looking for good servers to play on.

I run Mac servers. You’ll never find them by searching the cloud- they dont show up there. You’ll never be able to randomly join them- for the same reason. I currently run four servers. Two have a lot of players, two are more laid back and casual. None are advertised on any MJ channels, including the forums. All are ROP servers.

With the advent of 1.7, I can be much more discerning about who does and does not get to play on a given server. That’s something that maybe some players don’t like. But server owners DO.

4 Likes

@Kingmaharjan10 @Hnandj_BML I am so sorry to hear how your estimations of the blockheads have dropped. What specifically are you guys unhappy with? In reflection you Millas explanation of the update enabling the online aspects of the game to continue- would you still like for the game to have continued the trajectory it had?

One thing I had often been so amazed with in the Blockheads it is so easy to make friends with new people.I am sad to hear you guys have lost many of your freinds. But what it is that has caused you to continue to stay. This is something I always preach as it is my personal BH mantra but when you guys first started playing the game before you heard about Pirate TC, Duping or hacked items did you not first start your single player by discovering, crafting and working hard?

Though I can definitely see how some people may have left due to the update, I do not feel it is conclusive to pin it alll specifically due to the update. I personally have never played roleplayig servers or faction servers but tend to prefer survival/economy servers and though I usually play on alt accounts I can honestly say I have met many new players since the update who I enjoy interacting with.

It can be hard to accept change and especially so on something you feel so connected to but I would ask you to question if for pirate TC and no discovery ect to go would it be worth not have access to multiplayer?

3 Likes

While I definitely understand performance issues, I do think the 1.7 update was a step in the right direction.

1 Like

There are changes that are completely unrelated to how worlds are credited that are fair game for criticism, but where the paying for hosting of worlds is concerned, it was a simple choice between two outcomes:

1. Allow people to continue to create worlds without us getting the income to pay for them, and completely lose multiplayer hosting. Blockheads would be a singleplayer game, aside from Mac server-hosted worlds.

2. Change the business model, thus losing certain customers, reducing overheads, and retaining the multiplayer hosting service for everyone else, and to a higher standard.

This is the way it was and is, and there are no valid arguments that negate these facts. You pay for it or you lose it. TC credit allowed people to steal it rather than pay for it, and they did, by the thousands. They had to go.

It’s not about making us happy. It’s about keeping us viable, so we could continue to offer the service. We did it to save the cloud, and it succeeded.

Sapiens is being designed in such a way as to avoid this problem completely. We learned our lesson from this :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Pigswig

I personally don’t like them as they sometimes lead to bullying and some other unwanted stuff.

There are like 4 servers which don’t include rp but in those servers most of the ppl are away and some servers don’t have ppl at all and if ppl are there they don’t care about new players and some ppl ignore for no reason.

@Kingmaharjan10 You’re welcome.

@Joe It is true that Mac servers run good but in case if a new player comes they don’t know what mac server’s are and i am a owner to what used to be a “multiplayer” server and i personally don’t like the update. It might have been easier to make a popular server but it doesn’t remain popular forever cause blockheads is day by day losing players.

@Sugarflop

I wrote everything before. Scroll up and see. A quick answer, 1.7 update.

I would but not everything. I would like some changes to the game before 1.7.

Of course I did but everything was not “undiscovered”.

@milla

Pirated TC was a big problem before and i am happy that it is solved but i don’t think introduction to these new ways of adding credit was great. I don’t like few things like undiscovered items which made it hard for survival servers to build and no one can discover all the items that easily. I have a small recommendation which i thought will be liked by people who have the same opinion as me and people who have the same opinion as yours.
SUGGESTION!
Introduction to something called “credit coins”. These coins can be earned by watching ads or by doing tasks or by daily rewards. In upcoming updates Blockheads should introduce daily rewards which include free TC and some free items and also credit coins. If people play continuously for 5 days they should get credit coins. These credit coins are not an item like TC. They cannot be brought with real money, they can only be earned by the above methods. We can see how many coins we have but cannot pirate them cause they cannot be brought by real money.They can be used to add credit to servers or to create new server. They are hard to earn but can be earned pretty easily by doing tasks EX : To fish 100 fishes. These tasks can be done in any survival servers (not custom rules). Undiscovered items must probably be deleted. This method of paying money should still be there for ppl who like it and also another option called credit coins should be added so that one has an option to choose between paying real money and collecting credit coins. People who like 1.7 update will still like it and ppl like me who are disappointed will like it too.

Two options should be ::

7 Days Credit = $21
30 Days Credit = $59

[OR]

7 Days Credit = 1,000 CC
30 Days Credit = 5,000 CC

CC - Credit Coins

By doing this you may get more profit and players who deleted the game due to 1.7 may return back.

What is Sapiens??

I don’t want to be aggressive to anyone who don’t have the same opinion as me but i love reading your opinions.

Should Credit Coins Be Introduced??

• YES!!
  • No!

0 voters

My recommendation may not be added but i really hope it would be so that everyone would like it!

1 Like

@Hnandj_BML people would find a way to hack it dave could have made people even more upset and did away with cloud servers also sapiens is daves new game he is making

4 Likes

I think the undiscovered items in the trade portal was added to encourage people to reduce their reliance on the trade portal, and actually go out and have fun exploring the world to find new items.

Trade portals made the game sooo much easier, and almost eliminated the relevance of the “explore and mine” aspect of gameplay. Everyone just makes huge farms to sell stuff to buy whatever they want, because it’s simply easier and takes less effort than challenging themselves to find the items they want themselves (which would probably take much more time). In this light many players switch to using the tp since it exists and it saves time and effort. Sadly the tp kills the fun of gathering the desired resources on their own in their own world. Sometimes I wish the trade portal never existed. If the tp didn’t exist, then those who enjoy exploring and mining for resources will not find what they are doing a waste of time - compared to using something that literally instantly adds items into the world.

Of course, there are many people who do NOT find it fun to gather their own resources and rather make a money-generating farm and use the tp, not forgetting faction servers like you mentioned. And that is totally fine, each to their own playstyle. Even I am somewhere in between the two and am heavily reliant on the tp. And the discovery option does have its disadvantages - in a server where most places are explored and resources stripped, it is really hard to discover all the items as a new player without using a portal chest or an admin/another player’s help. And you need to find a golden chest to make it, which is near impossible in a world where almost everything naturally valuable is taken away. Looking at rabbithole XD~ In this light, I think turning it off should be an option for server owners on survival.

There has to be a compromise between the two groups, and I find that the item discovery is a good one. It forces players to explore and collect each item at least once. That way, players who like exploring and mining get to do so knowing that what they are doing is not a waste of time, while those who prefer to farm money get to use the tp.

7 Likes

So, you are suggesting a second type of TC then? You haven’t grasped the problem, have you?

3 Likes

The cost of 30 days of credit is 2.99 USD.

He made it for his wife.

2 Likes

Oh really just 3 USD? In google it says $59??!

Oh LOL but @milla says for youngsters… :joy:

Then something is clearly wrong. Or your app is using the dollar sign as a placeholder for your currency.

It could be rupees it could be euros. It could be yen but definitely not dollars. Dave is a good man. You arent getting
scammed.

and yes, i know euros has more value than USD.

Well what I do know is that the Play Store doesn’t use signs for currencies all the time, like in my country they don’t use ₱, but RUB for the currency. Before though, the Blockheads used $ instead of RUB.

I don’t understand two things:

1. Why is there ads every ten minutes now? Isn’t that counterproductive?
  2. Why couldn’t you get rid of tc hacking in the first place?

Every time I’ve asked these questions, people haven’t given me an answer :neutral_face:

2 Likes

You really cant stop people from hacking. There will always be a way to hack in, even if tech increases.

1 Like

94% say NO! at the moment and I belong to them. Im good and I do support paying really money for the server worlds.

2 Likes

No, I said a lot of young kids play it. It was originally designed, by sitting Emma down, and finding out what she wanted out of a game, then designing one to meet her criteria. It was originally designed for an adult woman. It just happens that it appeals to most demographics, including preschoolers, which is unfortunate, from a safety standpoint, so so many parents let their kids play online games when they’re way too young.

For the record, any currency that can be purchased or earned, and used to pay for premium services such as cloud hosting, is considered a premium currency, and is the target of hackers, who release scripts or apps so others can pirate them. We decided that using premium currency, such as TCs, or anything else of the kind such as the suggested “credit coins”, just results in too much piracy and the loss of earnings to pay for the services the pirated currency is used to pay for. Suggesting we add an alternative PC to replace TCs as credit payment is just like asking for TC credit back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah but tc hackers have tc as in-game items that you can hold, like dirt blocks and baskets. They have a sprite and everything. My question is why this can’t be removed.